“A genuine place in a touristic area”
Review of Osteria in domo

Osteria in domo
Reserve with
Osteria in domo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 985 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Pisa near the main attractions like Square of Miracles , the Leaning tower etc the OSTERIA IN DOMO is a typical tuscany restaurant which offers excellents meats and fresh fish at very good prices. Nel cuore di Pisa vicinissima ai principali monumenti come Piazza dei MIracoli , la Torre Pendente etc l'OSTERIA IN DOMO e una tipica osteria toscana che offre piatti regionali alcuni rivisitati con creativita' con eccellente carne e pesce fresco a dei prezzi competitivi
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was looking for somewhere too dine near Pisa center but all I could see was restaurants displaying pictures to catch the eye. Knowing that good restaurant need no pictures to show off, I searched for something different, and while walking I saw Osteria in Domo small door, nothing fancy, more typical, which gave me the image that these people does a good job.

Staff was nice, menu not so big but with good selection. We were the only table at the restaurant and tough we went after lunch time, we were served with a smile. Fresh bread served soon, then we opted for pasta and myself ordered a misto griglia di carne. All food was enjoyed, my mixed grill was also good, cooked well and nicely served on a slate plate.

If I happen to be around, I wouldn't think twice to visit this place again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went there because of good reviews on Trip advisor and as usually when we do so we are not dissapointed. food was delicious.It is a small place, so it is better to come when they start at 7 30 or have a reservation as it was quickly full. We had :trippa- very good, tortelloni with aubergine in tomato sauce ,tagliatta di manzo and spaghetti with sea food- very yummy!!!
But the best was home made dessert- kind of tart, one with pears and one chocolate with orange-calvados sauce.....a dream:)

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Great food the best in Pisa! If u visit the tour u have to eat here! Tipical dishes italian Style! The best!!!! P
I ve eat testaroli a tipical toscany eat with pesto and tagliata beef with salade, the beef was BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had to wait a few mins before being seated as this was a very busy restaurant, interesting to see there seemed to be a lot of locals who the waitresses seemed to know well eating here. They did not speak any English but the menu was translated the waitress did an excellent job of trying to draw us pictures of what turned out to be white beans. The beef dish I had was absolutely gorgeous as we're the roasted potatoes that came. Not being able to understand what the side dishes might be was difficult. I also felt it was a little too crowded as there was very little space between tables. We did though thoroughly enjoy our food and the staff were friendly and helpful

Reviewed February 3, 2014

On a wet night in February we set off from near the Leaning tower to find dinner. The restuarant wasn't busy when we arrived, but it seems we were lucky to be early as soon aftre all the tables were full. WE had eaten a small but very late lunch so were not sure about what to order, but decided to go for seafood and meat antipasti to start, and then decide on subsequent courses. The antipasti were very substantila and very tasty, a good variety including a delicious little smoked salmon tarlet, some deep fright lightly battered whole shrimps, some excellent pastrami, a small serving of steak tartare and many others. Next we chose two dishes as our "mains" one from the first courses and one from the second. Pasta with clams and artichokes, and a mixed seafood platter with tuna, sea bass, scampi, prawns and squid. I probably would have liked the artichoke to be slightly more prevatent, but this is probably the only criticism I would make of the food all night, and a very minor one.We completed with a cheesecake, very rich and creamy, served with a lovely tart forest fruits topping, and a apple tart, slightly warm (not "hot" as described by the waitress) but excellent nevertheless. I suspect we were the only non-italian speaking gusets in that evening, which in itself tells a story of the restaurant, in a tourist area, bnut not aiming at the tourist market, my kind of place.

1  Thank kb61263