“Lovely little find!”
Review of Osteria in domo

Osteria in domo
Reserve with
Osteria in domo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 957 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Pisa near the main attractions like Square of Miracles , the Leaning tower etc the OSTERIA IN DOMO is a typical tuscany restaurant which offers excellents meats and fresh fish at very good prices. Nel cuore di Pisa vicinissima ai principali monumenti come Piazza dei MIracoli , la Torre Pendente etc l'OSTERIA IN DOMO e una tipica osteria toscana che offre piatti regionali alcuni rivisitati con creativita' con eccellente carne e pesce fresco a dei prezzi competitivi
London
“Lovely little find!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was actually looking for the previous restaurant at Via Santa Maria 129 called Re Artu via Trip Advisor which received great reviews.
However, when we walked towards this, we realise the original restaurant no longer exists and since it was getting late (9pm!), we decided to give the place a try.

The waitresses were really nice, but spoke very little English. However, we managed to order our meals with no problems.

The owner was there entertaining a few of his friends in the corner but would take time to speak to the customers, which I thought was nice and personal.

The food was delicious and tasted fresh (it took alittle while to get to us, so I presume it was cooked from scratch!).

The chocolate tart was to die for and I would go back there just to eat the dessert alone!

We soon found out by the owner that the restaurant was only opened less than 3 weeks and the décor is very homely which I really liked.

When we asked for the bill, we were given free biscotti and a shot of sweet brandy each! And to top it off, we were given a small discount!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and shame it wasn't opened at 5pm on my last day (I think they open about 7/8pm) as I would have eaten there before leaving for my flight!!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Pisa, Italy
“Tuscan Tradition and fantasy”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This little, nice restaurant is very different from the ones you'll find in the surroundings of the Tower. The chef is passionate, and he chooses the best from the ingredients to propose an original mix of traditional tuscan cuisine and fantasy.
This restaurant keeps the same approach of the best ones: the best quality in ingredients to offer you the best is possible. The prices are just right.

IMHO the best in all the Tower zone.

• Visited June 2013