“Very convenient”

Ranked #50 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times during visits to Tuscany, as our flights to Pisa do not arrive until late evening. It is situated very close to the railway station in Pisa and convenient for both airport, bus and rail. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable with a modern fully equipped bathroom, the receptionist friendly and the breakfast adequate. Many cities in Italy have small backstreets like the one it is in and this has never been a problem for us, we like the convenience of the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Joyce D,

Thank you very much for submitting this nice review of your stay at the Hotel Touring Pisa. I am certainly very happy to hear you were completely satisfied with your stay and with the friendly attitude of our staff underlining also as our plus the good location in Pisa centre.

Should the road bring you back to Pisa, we would be happy to have you staying with us again.

Warmest regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The first thing I wanted to do when I arrived in my room was open the metal shutters that covered the window and let in some air / light. Which I did, by pulling on the old strap that protruded from the wall for that very purpose. The blind was raised and I opened the window. Wonderful! However, the blind then refused to go back down. I think that this is because the mechanism that controls it is about 25 years old and not well maintained.

We didn't much fancy sleeping with the shutters open and light streaming in theough the gauze-like curtains, so we mentioned this to the staff on our way out that day. We arrived back later to be told by another member of staff that 'you broke it, so you have to leave it open'.

Had I swing on the strap, Tarzan-like in my excitement to get the shutters open I might have understood this. But I don't have superhuman strength, nor am I the type to get overexcited by operating a steel shutter. I opened it in the obvious way. It got stuck because it's old and rubbish. But as far as the staff were concerned, this meant that I should have to wake up with the sunrise. Which is early. They did not care. Not even enough to move us to a different room (which was available).

Oh, and it gets hot in Pisa in July. So most places have air-conditioning. Hotel Touring has air-con, but the air flow in my room was about as cooling as a man blowing on hot soup. So my night there was easily the most uncomfortable I have ever spent in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JAB1981
wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear JAB1981,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay in the Hotel Touring Pisa. I am very sorry for your bad impressions on your staying with us but as far as regards the window it was ok at your arrival and although I do not understand how it was broken, we would have change your the room immediately if asked from you and if we had the availability of course. We were on those days anyhow completely full and we could not provide a new room for you for that night, our politics is to change room immediately if something is wrong with the room. Also unfortunately we had an unexpected problem with the air condition for about two days, but now the problem is completely resolved and the air condition is fine.

Should you wish to further discuss any aspect of your stay, please don’t hesitate to send an email to info@hoteltouringpisa.com, addressing it directly to me, and I will connect with you as soon as possible.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Pisa hotels

Niskayuna, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I were in Pisa and needed a place to stay for just one night. It was late and we were tired. We walked into Hotel Touring. The lobby was very hot. I asked for a room and if there was air conditioning. I was told yes to both, so I assumed the lobby was just hot because the door was open. When we went to put our bags down before dinner the room was hotter than the lobby. I told the desk clerk and he said that it will take a while because the ac was not on in the room all day. We went to dinner assuming we'd have a cool room upon return. It was not cool so I went to the desk(a new clerk) to ask for another room and was told the ac was broken. By now it was late and we needed to get up early for a plane. If the first guy had been honest we would have left. Neither clerk seemed to care and neither was apologetic. I also asked for a discount as neither us really slept it was so hot but was told no. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony M
Dear Tony M,

First I want to thank you for your post on Tripadvisor.com. I apologize for the inconvenient you had during your stay. Unfortunately we had an unexpected problem with the air conditioning for a few days, this has been something out of our control and never happened before, but now the problem is completely solved and the air conditioning is working fine.

Should you wish to further discuss any aspect of your stay, please don’t hesitate to send an email to info@hoteltouringpisa.com, addressing it directly to me, and I will contact you immediately.

Coimbra, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good location in Pisa, but it is a terrible Hotel.
According to the Hotel website, this is a 3 star Hotel, but it is very far away from it. It is located in a very strange and noisy street.
Very expensive for such a small and not clean room. The bathroom is always wet after a shower and the internet access they have is simply impossible to use. You can connect to the access point, but no internet at all.
The breakfast is not the greatest but it is the best thing of all.
I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear AndreQuintino,

We thank you very much for having stayed at our hotel and for posting your comment on this site. Please let me not agree anyhow about your impressions about our hotel ranking the value for money even though this could be caused from some issues during your staying.

About the location of our hotel this is very near to train station and from the city centre, then very convenient although in a pretty crowded area daytime but safe at all. We did not recover any other remarks about the wi fi that has always worked properly. Concerning your issue on the bathroom, please note if there was any kind of problem as you have mentioned this could had been carried out from the reception staff, by fixing the specific problem occurred in the bathroom or changing your room.

I remain at your full disposal for any further information you may need and thank you for having stayed at our hotel.

Kindest regards

Hotel manager
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here from June 16th to June 18th. Location is excellent. 5 minutes in taxi from airport, cost us 10 euros (Sunday rate) and to return at end of stay was 7 euros. Hotel only 1 minute walk to railway station.
Room was small and in need of re decorating and bathroom was tiny but it was clean.
Breakfast was fine, continental with choice of rolls, croissants, yoghurt, fruit, ham, cheese, cereal, cake, tea, coffee and fruit juice.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the lady who seemed to fill most if the rolls including replenishing the breakfast buffet.
Nice stroll over river into the main part of Pisa. About 25 min slow walk to the Leaning Tower.
We got a train from Pisa to Florence which only took an hour and was only 7 euros 60 one way per person.
The next day we got a train to Lucca which was only 3 euros 30 per person each way and only took 27 minutes through the Tuscany countryside.
At the railway station there are self service machines where if you select the Union Jack it goes through the ticket buying process in English.
Once you have bought your ticket you need to make sure you get it validated by popping it into one of the small green, red and white machines on the walls and pillars at the station/platforms to get it stamped. If you don't you could be fined!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear NICOLAC1972,

We thank you very much for your nice review about your staying at our hotel and for having shared your impressions on Tripadvisor with the more useful informations on how to explore Pisa and the surroundings.

We mostly appreciate your having underlined our perfect location that is really very strategic and convenient for visiting Pisa and our region of Tuscany.

We do thank you for you kind words the attitude of our staff, the buffet breakfast that we understand met your expectations and the caratheristic of our rooms that even if defined from you as basic in relation to size and decor was recognized from you as tiny and clean that is one of our best effort and aim.

Again thank you very much for having stayed with and please accept from me and all the staff our best regards

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice location near to airport and 2minutes walk from railway station.
Clean room, but so small bath room. No window view! The breakfast was only something to eat!never take taxi to airport as it costs 14euro!

• Stayed June 2013
wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Bita S

Thank you very much for taking time in sharing you experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad to understand you have enjoyed our location, that is one of the most appreciated points of travellers choosing our hotel that is strategic for all of those they want to explore our wonderful region of Tuscany. We are very central to everything (Florence one hour, Lucca 20 minutes, Siena 1 hour and half, seaside just 15 minutes). Also our hotel being close to the train station is very convenient.

Any our rooms is different one to other, then any remarks at reception desk about your lack of space opinion in the bathroom could have been solved by assigning another larger room with a bigger bathroom.
We cannot argue about cost of the taxi, but fares depends also on the time and day (Sundays or nightime).

We thank you very much for having stayed with us and send you our best regards.

Hotel manager
Derby Uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Easy access from airport. Only 100m from railway station. Easy walk to river and main sights
Rooms small but clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. Free WiFi.
Breakfast basic but adequate and plentiful.
Good value (for Pisa).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear MistletoeDerbyUk,

Thank you very much for posting you positive comment on the Tripadvisor.
We are very glad aknowledge about you pleasant staying with us and for having remarked our very convenient location together with your opinion on our room comforts and hotel facilities.
We do hope this comment will be helpful to other travelers looking for a pleasant, comfortable and convenient staying in Pisa.

Please accept my best regards