“Good overall but I can not recover the object forgot in the room!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Touring Pisa

Hotel Touring Pisa
Ranked #50 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Good overall but I can not recover the object forgot in the room!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel at the end of July for 5 days. The location it is great for traveling and see a lot of beautiful places in Italy. ( near the bus stop and train station - with excelent connections all over ) Very close to airport ( by train or bus )Room nice and clean, the staff very helpful and polite.
I enjoyed staying at this hotel and I would recomand it but I am angry because I forgot my photo battery charger plugged in and I send a lot of mails to this hotel but nobody answer it! :(

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A B
wetour, Direttore at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am really pleased that for 5 days you enjoyed staying in our hotel. As you wrote we are in a very central location, city center, central railway station and airport. What in particular makes me happy is that you found the room nice and cleaned and that the staff was helpful and was at least professional with you and for this comment I thank you very much. The only think that makes me think is the fact that we did not receive any e-mail from you about your photo battery. This is very strange because we put apart every object left by guests in order to keep in touch with them. May be something was wrong with the e-mail address, attached is our direct e-mail adress (info@hoteltouringpisa.com).
Would you accept my regrets and if you can call us we are at your complete disposal.

Adriana Corsi – Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel is a very unfriendly place to arrive and you aren't really made to feel welcome from any point after that. We stayed 3 nights and the best thing about the hotel is its location near to the train station if you are using Pisa as a base for other trips.

All of the decor investment has gone into the reception area as the room was very tired, in need of a lick of paint, new carpet and as per everyone else's review, the miniature sized shower floods with every use. You have to turn the shower on/off every 30 seconds or so to avoid flooding the room (plughole unblocker anyone?).

Breakfast is an utter shambles mainly due to the fact that the receptionist on duty also has to perform all breakfast duties.

Day One - no coffee, hot water to make tea, and the dregs of juice.
Day Two - I dared to ask the lady on duty about hot water and she thrust the flask to my face snaring "there is". My fault, I did manage to squeeze one and a quarter cups worth for my wife and I. The lady then continued by slamming plates in an attempt to clear tables.
Day Three - I had to clean and lay our own table as all tables available were dirty (about 6!).

Every day at breakfast there were dirty tables surrounding us from previous customers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
wetour, Direttore at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Dear Viggy value,

First thank you for your detailed report on www.tripadvisor.com. I really regret about your bad impressions and experiences during your stay here also because our primary aim is to satisfy our guests and let them feel well.
But as far as I consider your comment I’d like to differentiate a bit. You subscribe the reception area with breakfast room as nice and as I know my staff is recognized as very professional and helpful – regarding to this I conjecture that any guest do get a warm welcome.
Concerning the rooms I’d like to inform you that lots of our rooms have been refurbished and we’re still restyling other parts of our structure. So most of our new bathrooms have a shower box and the rooms are equipped with parquet and new flatscreen televisions.
But unfortunately you preferred to write a comment here instead of talking to me directly. I could have managed a solution - especially try to find a better room for you. Also I’m sorry that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. We try to improve our services considering to your description.
Thank you for your post once more and whenever you’d like to return to Pisa please be free to contact me personally in order to arrange for you a special treatment with our best attention.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Pisa hotels

London, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,190 helpful votes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The hotel is basically very old and it has a stank when you walked into the corridor to your bedroom. The bathroom is big enough but the shower is not covered with a proper glass pane. You will end up wetting the whole bathroom if you try to splash too much water while taking a shower. Overall we didnt have a good experience. The free breakfast was ok, we even found a dirty bowl in between the new clean bowls. I will never come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Downham Market, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We needed a one night stop over in Pisa (strike action had dashed our plans to travel direct from Siena for an early morning flght Pisa-London) so this little hotel just over the road from the railway station and next to the bus stop to the airport was ideally located. Staff were pleasent although not particularly well versed in basic concierge stuff (like Sunday bus times). The room was basic. I had ear plugs with me so managed to sleep depsite the noise from the street. All the major attractions are within easy walking distance. Breakfast (included in the price) was a sad affair ... (nasty cheap cheeses and over-boiled eggs). We paid 90 euros and to be honest what we got was worth max 60.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear MsMadge,

First I want to thank you for your constructive comment placed on Tripadvisor. Our hotel is really situated close the train-station and to the airport it’s only five minutes. Furthermore we have a strategic position in the city, also for small distances between the historical - as you named major attractions - and the shopping centre. Our staff thanks you for the nice words written regarding to them. Also I’m pleased that you liked the room. Due to your suggestions we try to enrich our breakfast.

Anyway I thank you about your post which helps us to improve our services and to satisfy the wishes of our guests.

Roskilde, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is a nice and very clean and well maintained hotel locates few metres from the central station in Pisa. Staff was friendly an helpful, the room and bed very nice. Only caveat is the small shower and elevator. Breakfast was, well, Italian ;-)

steen

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear StilWonde,

Thank you very much for your words, nice and clean is the imagine we would give to our guests and we are real well located, just few meters from the central station of Pisa.
My staff is learning to give the maximum for the perfect service in my hotel, and every day I control each room in order to guarantee the quality level.

Sorry for the small shower and elevator but we do not have any more space to enlarge them both.
We will follow your important remarks about the breakfast in order to improve it, any suggestions in any case very important for us.

Thank you and come to visit us again.

bath england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

this is the third time i have stayed here. it is clean, efficient and very well located if you are travelling on by train. the only limition is that the lift is small, if you have a lot of luggage you can find it a bit of a struggle.

roger keen

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

wetour, Proprietario at Hotel Touring Pisa, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear Mr. Keen,

We thank very much for returning back to our hotel, this we have to consider is the best way to say that you like to overnight in our small but precious hotel. We are very glad you wanted to underline our hotel well located bust moreover to say that everything is clean and efficient.
We are sorry for the tiny elevator but the spaces we could utilize were not larger and according to the security system we cannot modify this, but anyway sorry for that.

We are always pleased to welcome you again.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

A little tired and run down and not in the most glamorous spot in town, the Hotel Touring is a good choice if you need to to be close to the train station for an early departure (with buses to the airport practically on your doorstep).

My main gripe was with the worn, dated rooms and a shower that would flood the bathroom with every use. On the plus side, the room was dark and quiet - essential requirements for this reviewer to get a decent sleep.

The staff were helpful, providing cool, efficient service: quickly providing a second (paper thin) pillow when requested and racing to our rescue after spotting me looking lost, map in hand, after stepping out the doors to find the Leaning Tower.

All in all, this place is in desperate need of a lick of paint, but is passable for a one night stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Goremay,

We regret being knowledge your issues and your general impressions on the hotel even you recognize the positive remarks on our location that is mostly appreciated from all our guests being the hotel very close to train station, airport as well as the city centre that is just a short walk.

We remodeled our hotel few years ago and again we started to renew the pavements with the wooden floor and new bathrooms, but not all the rooms are ready yet, then we regret you probably were in one in need of some works.

Despite everything we are pleased that our staff were helpful providing efficient service, to help you in all your needs.

We hope to have the chance to offer you next time you will be in Pisa one of our best room together with all of our best attentions.