All the staff were friendly and helpful recommending and booking some excellent restaurants during our stay. We totally agree with previous good reviews. We do not normally book below four star but did so based on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. When staying in Europe we like authentic local hotels and not the plastic chain hotels that look the same all over the world offering an impersonal experience. We appreciate that this hotel may not be to everyone's taste but we loved it.
We would like to add some useful advice:
1. DO NOT visit Cafe Gambrinus which is the closest Cafe to the hotel situate to the left when you emerge from the arcade having left the hotel on the railway station side. AVOID at all costs. See tripadvisor reviews. All very bad. They over charge by over double on all drinks and food. All other bars and restaurants charge the same all over Pisa even with a view of the tower. We were charged 15 euros for two drinks and had paid 7 euros for the same two drinks during the rest of our stay in Pisa.
2. To book your collection from the airport you will need to e-mail the hotel. We had difficulty locating this but believe it is email@example.com.
3. Travelling by train. Make sure you validate your ticket before you get on the train by inserting it into a yellow box located on the platform. Failure to do this could result in a heavy fine.
4. Airport. Italian airports have a passport control after security and before your gate. When the airport is busy this can cause delays and it is advisable to make your way to the gate as soon as you can. We almost missed our flight in Venice due to massive backlog of passengers trying to get to their gate on time. We were pushed through by security but now always make our way to the gate and not spend too much time in duty free thinking there is plenty of time to get to the gate.
5. Mosquitos. Make sure you take insect repellent we had some really bad bites. We did not think we would need repellent on a City Break but were wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel La pace is a family run Hotellocated just in front of the railway station of "Pisa Centrale" where you can find also the Bus Station.Pisaairport is reachable by taxi, city bus, HotelShuttle Bus in 5 minutes.You can reach teh leaning Tower in 15/20 minutes walking across the city center.We do offer 63 rooms with bathroom, telephone, Tv sat, SKY, air conditioning, heater and FREE wireless internet connection powered by Cisco routers.Our is not aluxury hotel but we try to make your stay unique and memorable with our welcoming staff and our Buffet breakfast served every day from 7 to 10.L'albergo La pace e un Hotel a conduzione familiare, situato davanti alla Stazione ferroviaria di Pisa centrale, dove si trova anche la stazione dei Bus per il centro.L'aeroporto e raggiungibile in taxi, autobus, Navetta dell'Hotel in soli 5 minuti.Camminando non piu di 15/20 minuti e possibile raggiungere Piazza dei Miracoli dove si trova la famosa Torre pendente.Tutte le camere sono dotate di telefono, Tv sat, SKY, aria condizionata, riscaldamento e connessione internet wireless GRATUITA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel La Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pace Pisa
- La Pace Hotel