Hotel Relais dell'Orologio
$109
$85
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

NH Pisa(Pisa)
$125
$118
Travelocity
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$97
$328
$276
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscaviarleaning towerrooms are smallthird floorlovely hotelquiet streetfew minutes walkshort breakpastriestrain stationrelaisflorenceminibarfabiotaxibathrobescheese
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Walking distance to Tower and Cathedral, near bars/restaurants, great staff, charming hotel. Room was very small, one if the smallest we have ever had, we only booked a classic but was a little surprised how small it was, there was a beam over the bath and sink in the bathroom which made it difficult, not enough light to put make up on. Rooms however were very clean and charming with robe and slippers, no tea or coffee facilities, for a 2 night stay it was ok.
Charming bar and small garden area where drinks/breakfast was served, drinks expensive even with happy hour! But this a hotel so is expected.
Staff all lovely and very helpful, Alexander in bar was very jovial.
There was no English tv, we only wanted to see the news, reception said they would reset the satellite but it never happened. All in all a charming hotel for a couple of night stay in a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room ! Or pay more for an upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stay in Pisa about 1 month with my family and here we stay good. Large rooms and good price we will back in winter maybe but we will move to another place in tuscany.In this hotel all perfect and clean but they missed our reservation. Parking for car near the hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Well now, I was/had been living in Florence, IT, & wound up in Pisa as the result of my Original plans of going to Assissi were canceled, due to a last minute Train "cancellato" as I arrived to catch my train at 7:AM! So..., since I did have my ticket (but not to Pisa) & was already at the station, packed and ready to go on an adventure, I scoured the arrival & departure trains, to see what was the VERY next train I could catch, and it was to Pisa! Oddly enough, after traveling many times to Europe, and Italy, I had resisted going because I thought it was "too corny" & a tourist trap.
Therefore when I arrived in Pisa w/No reservations, I Walked to center/ luggage in tow, (not a bad walk), and Stopped on my way at a sunglass shop, for a quick fix repair (free), & inquired with owner for a Hotel suggestion. He mentioned only 2 places, both owned by a French Lady from Paris, so I was set! The first was booked solid, but they offered to call their sister Hotel Relais dell'Orologio, to inquire on vacancies. They were able to accommodate me (early evening at this point), & were expecting me. Of I went, with luggage still in tow, & arrived at this most lovely of Boutique hotels. Room was small (only one available) but beautifully appointed, & right on the First/street side floor, which was really cool, since I could open my window, as people walked by (NO cars, pedestrian only) so still quiet! Since I do speak Italian, but am obviously Not Italian, I was treated extremely well, & catered to even more, since I was traveling "SOLA" and a Lady!

Manager came over & introduced himself to me the next day, & inquired about my comfort. Little in-house Restaurant Bar, served me Complimentary Prosecco & Hors d'oeuvres! Next morning, there Was a Buffet style Breakfast, with choice of hot dishes, & Cappuccino, served here also
(included).
There is a hotel Pre-arranged, w/discount, Walking tour of Pisa. DEFINITELY take it. Best way to learn about city history, while visiting Top and more obscure Highlights of City. Great Way to orient yourself to the city, so you can return on your own later. That first sight of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, WILL take your breath away, but there is more to that attraction, besides the Tower. LOVED the entire experience! Pisa is a VERY user friendly city. Will definitely stay at this Hotel when next I return.

Room Tip: Since they gave me the only room available, at the last minute, I would try for a larger room. however, since I was alone, and the Price Was Right! I was very happy! I don't think you can get a "bad" room, since it is away from the main center of town, on a small pedestrian street, noise is Not a consideration. Location is Excellent, right through the Portico of the Piazza d'ell Horologio, close the University of Pisa ( old & famous).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FrenchQueen44
Reviewed April 9, 2013

First thing that happened was that we didn't receive the room category we booked at hotels.com. When we complained in the reception, we were told that there must have been some kind of mix up at hotels.com since the hotel only had standard rooms and suites. The receptionist then offered us an empty suite as compensation (after photocopying our booking to be able to complain to hotels.com).

This was just the first sign of the personels service mindedness. They gladly helped us with everything from recommending probably the best restaurant in Pisa to lending us umbrellas. I'm truly surprised of other comments regarding the staff, but perhaps we were lucky visiting a night when the ordinary staff's friendly cousines were on duty???

The standard of the suite was better than average, though not the most luxurious suite in the world. To us it was perfectly good. The standard rooms where a bit small, but would also have done for one or two nights.

A little weird thing was that the minibar only contained water and Coke. When we asked about it the explanation given was that it is a free minibar. Fair enough, but we would rather it had some more and being a paid minibar. But that was really a detail.

All in all I would give the hotel a four, but considering the staff's service mindedness I happily upgrade it to a five!

Room Tip: Suites is really two former rooms remade to one, meaning you get two of everything (like two bathrooms). Worked very well for us, but may have its pros and cons to some.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndersF966
RelaisOrologioPisa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Relais dell'Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Many thank for your nice review.
Our staff always strives to do as much as possible to make Guesst happy and your words are the best rewards for our work.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

we booked a room at the hotel dell orologio for the 24th of march this year 2013 with a table booked in the so well advertsided restaurant,we were asked to pay in advance as most hotel do now, and we did. we arrived in the afternoon went upstairs and on our return back downstairs we were told by an arrogant member of staff at the reception that the restaurant was closed,and they could only offer us cold dishes or salads..or to use the restaurant next door.they did not apologized in any way wathsoever and if i may say they were rude too.
we couldnt believed that a 5 star hotel could operate without a restaurant or a fully prepared breakfast buffet....terrible experience it was for us.if only we knew were to make a formal complaint in italy we would...and the room was dirty too. never never again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank malcolm r

Let me first apologize for the attitude of our receptionist: there is no excuse in case you have not felt welcomed and at home.
We are renovating the menu of our restaurant but we already offer at any time Tuscan cold dishes, salads, tasty hot pasta and primi.
Anyway Hotel Relais dell’Orologio is very close to many nice typical restaurants and our reception always suggest a good a alternative next door.
I personally check our rooms every day and I can guarantee you and all of our Guests that our cleaning standards are very high and we receive daily many praises for the cleanliness of our Hotel.
I really hope you can change your mind and give us a new chance to welcome you again in our hotel.