As stated in other reviews this hotel is in a wonderful, central location, it is beautifully decorated and furnished with charming Italian antique furniture...then there is the staff! Very different story!
We were disappointed as had booked a junior suite (via third party agent). On arrival were shown to our room which was definetely not a suite. When we contacted reception we were told the suite was already occupied and that we could transfer to it on our final night - for a fee!! After several phone calls and trips to reception we were then informed that this indeed was a junior suite. Their story had changed several times by then.
Service generally was slow and apathetic.
On check-out we advised reception we were waiting for a taxi and indicated where we would be sitting. Thinking our driver was 15 minutes late we approached reception to contact the taxi company. We were then told the driver had arrived 15 minutes earlier and had returned to his vehicle outside - they had "forgotten" to tell us. Very inefficient and disappointing. Would certainly not recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located really close to the leaning Tower of Pisa, the age-old Relais dell’Orologio is the ideal place to visit the City, its monuments, the University, its museums, its squares, its markets, its shops, its artisan workshops by foot and to move about its province towards Lucca and Versilia. For a romantic getaway, for a honeymoon, to experience art, culture and the humanity of the place, in other words to appreciate Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Relais dell'Orologio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Relais Dell Orologio
- Relais Dell Orologio Hotel