“Great!”

Camping Village Torre Pendente
Ranked #1 of 142 Specialty Lodging in Pisa
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are currently staying here and it has been fabulous. There is a nice sized pool with a beach shop and a little slide for the kids. We have eaten breakfast here in our kitchen everyday and eaten dinner out every night. Be warned though,,, don't eat at the restaurant here! It's not very nice food but then again what else can you expect from a campsite?;) we have a large chalet, it is clean and tidy, the beds are comfy too.
Over all it's great!

Room Tip: Don't chose a superior quadruple because the outside kitchens are opposite other outside kitchen...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank l250123

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Okay swimming-pool,camp ground has shade.
15 minutes walk to old town/tower.
Easy to find.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Aaberg
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here in the height of summer, so the shaded pitches were a godsend to keep the tent nice and cool. The pitches were a liitle on the small side, and very nearly one and a half hours, and one divorce later, me and the wife had made a tent that was too big for the pitch fit.
The toilet/shower block facilities were big enough and very clean too.
The pool was ok (yes, you do have to wear a cap, but if you know that in advance, take one with you) and there was actually decent entertainment laid on in the evening too.
There is decent information about cycle trips, things to do and the local area on the notice boards, and the staff were knowledgable.
There is a shop onsite, with fresh produce available, but also a supermarket close by if you want to economise.
If you're touring, then it makes a good base for the area, as Pisa itself is very pretty, with the obvious attractions, but you would struggle to spend more than a day, maybe two, without needing to venture further afield.
All in all, very good value, decent campsite, with an excellent location for visiting the leaning Tower etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jonescymraeg
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I camped here while on a bicycle tour of Italy and Corsica. The staff are very friendly and competent, the location is perfect (walk to the Leaning Tower and Pisa's other big attractions, walk to a good sized supermarket, walk to the train station, very close to the airport) and the on-site amenities are excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mark F
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Booked 2 nights stay in a mobile home for a family trip to Pisa. At first was unsure what we had booked as we had to walk through a under pass on a main road to get to the site. But once there the staff were very friendly, the moblie home was basic but prefect for the short stay. The site and mobile home(s) were clean and tidy. We took our 2 year old and found that the pool area and shop was suitable for our needs. The walk to the Tower was only about 10 - 15 mins away (via the under pass) but this was fine. Once at the Tower there were restaurants and plenty of tourism shops. Also nearby was a main food shop and take away outlets. We also has a meal in the restaurant on site which was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I only stayed at Camping Village Torre Pendente, for one night. My flight arrivied at Pisa airport at 1 o'clok at night, so I was looking for a place where I could check in really late, which was extreamely hard to find. I emailed Torre Pendente, and a few hours late I recived an answer, and ofcourse I could check in that late. And surely, when my cab stoped outside the campside, there the manager was to check me in and follow my to my cabin. At 20 Euro, I wasn't expecting anything than a bed, but I was surpricd to find a pretty spacious cabin, with a bathroom, a fridge and an outside kitchen. The next morning I went and bought som bread and salami for my breakfast and was on my way. I could easly have stayed there a day or two more, it felt so calm and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Nuser84
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Ah this place was great. Though its a bit of an effort to get there so make sure you're wearing comfortable shoes if you intend in walking. Lovely spacious caravan style trailers with a little patio area. Rooms spotless, absolutely no noise even though you are surrounded by these trailers so sleep quality is good. Shop on site which sells food for cooking. Cooking utensils and cutlery available. Comfortable bed. What more could you want? Would go back in a heartbeat

Pisa is lovely by the way. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends