“Very nice hotel situated between the train station and the tower.”
Review of Bologna Hotel Pisa

Bologna Hotel Pisa
Ranked #4 of 68 Hotels in Pisa
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed for one in Pisa. We picked this hotel based on its excellent rating on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The rooms were large, almost luxurious. The staff was friendly. It’s a fifteen minute walk from the train station. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RimantasG
Write a ReviewReviews (2,535)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Helpful staff, clean, warm (could not turn the radiators down so basically too warm) good breakfast and great location. Cheap mini bar as well!

Quiet part of the town, 10 mins from railway station and 20 mins to the tower.

Used as a base to explore Lukka and Florence as well as half a day aound Pisa so access to station was high on the list.

Really could not complain about this hotel in any way so would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Dont forget to take the number of the hotel and ring for the free shuttle as soon as you can, unfortunately there were 10 people staying at the hotel on our flight and were second to call so decided to get a taxi rather than the 6 seater shuttle.

Room Tip: Get one at the back if you want to sleep past 7.30 in the morning, buses use the road to the front o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I give this hotel four stars because it was exactly what we were looking for, for our one night stay in Pisa. We came in on the train from Florence to basically see the leaning tower and then rent a car the next morning and head out into Tuscany. The hotel was simple and in a good location where we were able to walk to and from the leaning tower as well as walk into the centre of town for dinner and home again. Felt very safe everywhere we walked. The hotel also had a simple happy hour with snacks and drinks which was a nice touch. Breakfast had a decent selection. No complaints!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here on a two night break with my husband for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. The hotel is fantastic, on landing at the airport we called the hotel and they came and picked us up in the hotel shuttle bus within 10mins, on arriving the staff were very welcoming, Our room wasn't ready on arrival but we were able to leave our luggage in a secure location. The rooms are very spacious and clean they have free wifi, few toiletries and a reasonably priced mini bar. Breakfast was a buffet style breakfast with plenty of food to choose from. The hotel is about a 15min walk from the Leaning Tower, but a nice walk along the river. There are plenty of restaurants within a short walking distance. We would definitely recommend this hotel, it was great value for money and a fantastic stay. Thank you Hotel Bologna.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here as a party of six (3 couples) From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted with a smile and everything went like clockwork,
The reason for our visit was to coincide with the Six Nations Rugby International, but as we have been to Rome twice before we wanted to see the culture in a different city, The hotel is approx 20 minutes walk to the Tower of Pisa (all on the flat no hills). This is across the river where we found some lovely restaurants and pizzerias. Less than 10 minutes from the train station which is so easy to navigate and the fast track ticket machines are idiot proof so that made it easy for me to purchase tickets without having to queue.
On the next street up there are lots of shops for those who like to have some retail therapy.
Our room was overlooking a courtyard that accommodated several cars but we didn't here one door slam in the three nights we were there and the room was very quiet and clean.
The en suite was basic but adequate we had no problem there. I believe ours was smaller than the others in our party
The other four in our party had rooms overlooking the street and said they could hear a bus now and then but that was no problem as they weren't that often and not at night time.
Breakfast was nice and relaxing anything you asked for, if it was available there was no problem and the waiters would prepare it for you, as some have said in the past that at busy times you have to share a table with strangers. Personally I would prefer this to what could be an alternative that may be to have to queue and wait outside until there is a table vacant.
I cannot comment on the evening meal in the restaurant as we ate out each night.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone and if I return to Pisa this is where I would stay again

Room Tip: Ask at reception for your preference
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent two nights there in a double room in a building adjacent to the main one. The room was big and spotless! They even had a pillow menu! We asked at the reception and they called the maid right away to get us the two pillows we requested. They were very comfortable...
We had no problems with noises. Maybe it depends on where your room is! We were able to rest and were not disturbed by any noises.
I also wanted to point out that it was warm. I'm often cold in Italy since many places (including restaurants and bars) don't have central heating. But we were never cold during our stay, neither in the room nor on the common areas.
As other people commented, breakfast was great. Plenty of things to choose from! Also, there is soy milk available at the bar and there are gluten-free products. I thought that was a very nice touch.
The staff was always friendly and efficient.
Would definitely stay there again if I ever go back to Pisa! This time I'd book directly in their website. I used another browser since I assumed it would be cheaper but I guess it wasn't. There was a sign in the hotel saying that they guarantee the lowest rates and, if you find anything cheaper online, they'll give you the same offer minus 5€ (I think that's what it said!) Since we didn't book through their website we would have had to pay for the airport shuttle so we took the train instead. Which was fine since it takes 5 min from Pisa airport to Pisa Centrale and then it's only a 15 min walk (maximum) to the hotel. Also close to all the touristic areas.

Room Tip: From what I've read, it's better to ask for a room in the adjacent building, like the one we...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allendebcn
Luca_Gherardi, Owner at Bologna Hotel Pisa, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Valued guest, thanks a lot for staying in our hotel and for your nice feedback. In fact it is cheaper to book directly with us and our 5,00 Euros promise is always valid, if you prove contrary. Also shuttle-service is free for room bookings made directly with us. The questions with the adjacent building depends on the personal preferences of clients. 50% prefer to stay in the adjacent building, because it seems to be more intimate and quite, other 50% prefer to stay in the main building for whatever reason. Room quality is more or less the same in all areas. I personally slept in both areas and cannot perceive any difference. We would be glad to welcome soon again and wish you the best.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

4 star hotel in a narrow street that leads to the Arno and is only 5 minutes walk from Pisa's Central train station. In the other direction it takes you no more than 15 minutes to walk to the Campo dei Miracoli. where the world famous Leaning Tower is located alongside the cathedral (Duomo) and Baptistry. On my first night's stay I was given a double room in a building behind the main hotel. It was generally a quiet room though in the early morning I could hear water along pipes and suspected a water tank may have been near. However, the room was clean, warm and a good size. Again, nice sized bathroom in the double but on my second visit I had a single room and found the bathroom/shower space to be adequate. Free access to wi-fi and computers in the lobby and reading room means you can research surroundings and make plans/bookings. The staff on reception were friendly and efficient and when asked about travelling to other destinations by train they had printed travel timetables readily available. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but does recommend other places to eat for an evening meal. The Bagus restaurant was a good recommendation, but not cheap. However, don't despair the hotel does provide a very good breakfast of cereals, breads, fruits, meats, cheeses pastries and drinks. The only hot food provided was bacon and scambled eggs so if you a person who wants a full English breakfast then you'd be disappointed. For me personally there was plenty of choice. Tip: if you book your room with the hotel direct then you can request free hotel transfer from the airport - otherwise it is 5 euros.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest, thanks a lot for staying in our hotel and for your kind feedback. There is nothing I could add, very detailed review. If we can do anything in future, we would be happy to serve you. Best regards.