“Delicious”

Pizzeria del Galileo
Ranked #134 of 957 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Where once there was a carters, in one of the oldest streets in the center of Pisa, is the Pizzeria del Galileo. Since 1986 keeps his style, typically it structured in the Tuscan architecture and is seen continuing in the management of David. Here you can enjoy pizza cooked in a wood oven and spend a relaxed evening with friends or family. Available a formidable selection of pizzas, assorted cheeses and cold cuts for everyone and cooked meat on the grill of the oven. Even pizza asporto.E 'can see, in the entrance hall, recently restored, football matches in Serie A, B and Champions League. Thursday with € 10 pizza, drinks and desserts.
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

First let me say the food was wonderful! Service was horribly slow so don't go if you are in a hurry. Italians aren't in a hurry for meals (only when they drive). The wine was served warmish which didn't enhance the meal. Still I would go back again for the food knowing I would be there a long time.

• Visited July 2013

Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hospitable and home welcoming”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

this place is off the tourist path, and mostly for the locals. it was a great experince, without high expectations but delivered the simplicity and quality very well.

• Visited June 2013
Hildesheim, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good, but not really special”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Getting there was partially due to mistakes, but this allowed me to evaluate the place without prejudices. I looked the place up at tripadvisor as I liked to have a pizza, staying a saturday night in Pisa.
However, when I checked the map and used google maps, it actually showed me the ristorante Galileo. I wanted to go there, but there were no seats available and the owner recommended me the Pizzaria Galileo (his fathers place, if I got it right).
So, I went there, but by now I thought I would not be in the place originally chosen and highly recommended at Tripadvisor. (Only now when comparing addresses, I see what happened)
There was much space (less than half of the tables were busy), actually a lot space despite Saturday. Other guests seemed to be Italian.

The menu was simple, if not to say rather restricted, but ok for a pizzeria - it is basically pizza and nothing else.. I got some crostini misto and a pizza, some red wine, a tiramisu and a cappuccino (I know: cappuccino in the evening is non-italian, but I usually like it).

They gave bread, which was nice and tasted well. I got the wine, but the red wine came without a glass (water glasses were on the table) and it needed some time to get someones attention to get a glass.
The crostini misto where ok. Not bad, but nothing special. It were exactly two kinds (a tomato and one which looked grey and ugly and tested like liver, but several slices of each, probably enough for a family). The pizza capricisiosa was rather big, but tastewise clearly average. I am not sure why people here are rating it so highly. At least mine was not special. The base was rather soft, no crunchiness at all. And the topping was good, but not special (in particular in terms of spices and such).
The Tiramisu was ok (it seemed to be made with vanilla creme) and thus tasted somewhat unusual, but it might be an issue of personal taste whether one prefers this or the typical one - personnally I liked the one I had the previous night better).
Along I ordered a cappuccino, which actually was not in the menu (menu listed only cafe).
However, this was a mistake. The milk foam was weak and it tasted like either the milk was not ok or they missed a few cleaning cycles of milk connector.. (probably, if they do not have it on the menu it is rare to serve). Basically the worst cappuccino I ever had in Italy.
So the recommendation is: stick to the menu.
Overall in terms of price food amount it is fine. But giving other ratings here, I would have expected more (or was it that I was not going there with a preconceived opinion as I assumed I would be in an unlisted restaurant?

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“First class Pizza!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This little pizzeria is a gold mine incredibly busy but A1 service and the pizzas are the best you will find for amazing value, so filling we had ours put in a box as we couldn't finish!. The withers are attentive and quick we have been here twice already! Totally recommend if you are looking for the finest pizzas in Pisa!

Visited October 2012
Bristol
“Very nice”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went here on our last night and thought the atmosphere was lovely. Super service, very friendly. Pizzas were great, much better than others we had. Shared a dessert which unfortunately wasn't as good, but still ok.

Overall would recommend this place.

Visited October 2012