“Proper pizza”

Pizzeria del Galileo
Ranked #159 of 983 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Where once there was a carters, in one of the oldest streets in the center of Pisa, is the Pizzeria del Galileo. Since 1986 keeps his style, typically it structured in the Tuscan architecture and is seen continuing in the management of David. Here you can enjoy pizza cooked in a wood oven and spend a relaxed evening with friends or family. Available a formidable selection of pizzas, assorted cheeses and cold cuts for everyone and cooked meat on the grill of the oven. Even pizza asporto.E 'can see, in the entrance hall, recently restored, football matches in Serie A, B and Champions League. Thursday with € 10 pizza, drinks and desserts.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We found this pizzeria on TripAdvisor and decided to try it and so glad we did. Probably the best pizza I have had in Italy and for sure in Europe. We also had desserts and they were a wonderful finish to a great meal. A bit difficult to find but make the effort and you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'm doing an italian tour and last week my cousin took me to try Italian Pizza.
I never tried Pizza in Italy and I can't say to you if is this place that make a wonderful pizza or if is the italian pizza that is perfect.

The place is nice, the typical italian style of pizzeria, that in US would be really strange but I've noticed that here is normal and appreciated.

The Pizza was fantastic, delicious, and I really loved the tomato sauce!! Incredible!!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Flew in and out of pisa for a tuscan holiday and found great pizza. Its hidden away and at least half full of locals when we were there - no mean feat in Pisa. Pizzas were light and not too much topping - excellent. The starters were spot on too - the broschetta was a tasty delight and the mortadella a big plateful of deliciousness. All finished off with a free limoncello.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

After some bad pizza in central Pisa so glad we paid a visit here..We are something of experts when comes to pizza and they hit the mark:)Had anti pasti starter which was devine Meats and rocket salad with parma cheese.. My wife had the mozzarella basil and tomato which tasted gorgeous..Then followed by perfect pizza..house vino very good..Tirimasu to finish and a lemonchello on the house capped a lovely evening Thanking You!!!!!!!!!Will defo return so Visit and Enjoy.......

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Really loved this pizzeria - we had a lovely night and the food was fantastic. Great value, we had the house wine which was only a few euros for a half litre. They don't open until 7.30pm so we went to their sister restaurant down the road for a glass of wine.