1,243 results
All reviewsthe riverroof terraceoldest hotelcharles dickensgrand tourfaded grandeursteeped in historyantique furniturehistorical hotelleaning towerlovely old hotelhigh ceilingstrain stationfourth floornoisy at nightpiazza garibaldiminute walk
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Lovely historic hotel very spacious airy rooms Wide range of choice for breakfast but can be busy as waitresses make all the coffee fresh which is worth the wait. All looks a bit passed its best but that adds to the charm .The bars next door can be a bit noisy but not too bad

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed October 26, 2017

What a delightful place – ideally situated on the banks of the River Arno, walking distance to all places of interest. High ceilings, polished stone floors, spacious. Perhaps crumbling here and there but historic (Charles Dickens and Alexandre Dumas stayed here), scrupulously clean and comfortable: our room had a large ensuite bathroom/ shower (we do enjoy a hot, deep bath to relieve feet tired from walking), plenty of new, fluffy towels. Breakfast included freshly baked fruit tarts, homemade focaccia, fresh fruit, cooked meats; staff exceptionally obliging.
Very much enjoyed our stay; we will return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruperex
Reviewed October 18, 2017

After my Ryanair flight was cancelled, me and my new friends tried to go back to Pisa to stay overnight and one of my friends found this hotel and it looks quite posh but surprisingly affordable! A very good vintage ambience hotel with excellent and friendly staff. I asked for a Tuscany plug to charge my mobile phone and he lent one to me. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, bathroom was huge (with bath-tub) and not to mention good continental breakfast during the day. It's also not too far away from Pisa train station and also Leaning Tower of Pisa. Extremely recommended if you want to stay in Pisa!

Room Tip: Junior suite will give you a view of the city and Arno River! and a very big room too!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Nazlee M
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Lots of history.

The rooms are quite dated however I love the charm of the place. If you are looking for great view with lots of history then you've found it.

People will complain by their own premier inn standards but I'd rather have the real historic rustic Tuscan feel any day.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the royal Victoria hotel Pisa for two nights last week. Absolutely great location beside the Arno. 10 minute walk (on the flat) to the train station and to the leaning tower. The taxi from the airport cost €10. We were in room 202. It is a suite overlooking the Arno and was amazing in a quirky way. The hotel must have been amazing in the day, which was a while ago. The bed was spotless but there was a general air of crumbliness. The staff were really helpful, the roof terrace was peaceful. You order drinks at reception (all €4) and they are brought to either the terrace or whatever area you are in. Breakfast is included and is simple but adequate ( bread, cheese, ham, cakes, juice, tea etc). I have to mention 2 aspects which I had a problem with... the noise at night was unbelievable, it went on until 3-4am. I had read all of the previous posts but liked the idea of the hotel so much I booked anyway. The bathroom was immaculate but the shower wasn't the best. I completely understand this hotel has heritage issues and plumbing is one. That is why I have given it 3 stars. Great wifi and it's free. They seem to be doing massive work on a new wing. This hotel is not for everyone, we loved it for its atmosphere, laid back charm and individuality....this has to count in an age of homogeneity. I have to say we would stay here again.... if you want a shiny cube don't stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple