1,243 results
All reviewsthe riverroof terraceoldest hotelcharles dickensgrand tourfaded grandeursteeped in historyantique furniturehistorical hotelleaning towerlovely old hotelhigh ceilingstrain stationfourth floornoisy at nightpiazza garibaldiminute walk
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Lots of history.

The rooms are quite dated however I love the charm of the place. If you are looking for great view with lots of history then you've found it.

People will complain by their own premier inn standards but I'd rather have the real historic rustic Tuscan feel any day.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the royal Victoria hotel Pisa for two nights last week. Absolutely great location beside the Arno. 10 minute walk (on the flat) to the train station and to the leaning tower. The taxi from the airport cost €10. We were in room 202. It is a suite overlooking the Arno and was amazing in a quirky way. The hotel must have been amazing in the day, which was a while ago. The bed was spotless but there was a general air of crumbliness. The staff were really helpful, the roof terrace was peaceful. You order drinks at reception (all €4) and they are brought to either the terrace or whatever area you are in. Breakfast is included and is simple but adequate ( bread, cheese, ham, cakes, juice, tea etc). I have to mention 2 aspects which I had a problem with... the noise at night was unbelievable, it went on until 3-4am. I had read all of the previous posts but liked the idea of the hotel so much I booked anyway. The bathroom was immaculate but the shower wasn't the best. I completely understand this hotel has heritage issues and plumbing is one. That is why I have given it 3 stars. Great wifi and it's free. They seem to be doing massive work on a new wing. This hotel is not for everyone, we loved it for its atmosphere, laid back charm and individuality....this has to count in an age of homogeneity. I have to say we would stay here again.... if you want a shiny cube don't stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2017

This hotel reminds me of the old Italian hotels I stayed in during visits to Italy in the 1980's. So it was charming and wonderfully helpful staff who speak many languages. It was a good value and giant windows to open and look over the river. Alas, in the evenings the college students swarm to the area for late night talking and drinking, early morning garbage clean-up and bottle recycling made for a restless night. I imagine hotel rooms at the back would make this nice (or go when school kids not around). Breakfast was excellent and all of the usual European fair - something for everyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel great location best described as shabby chic. Booked a suite with a view over the Arno. It's just a 10 minute walk to the leaning tower. Check in was easy, room clean, shower a bit tired but does the job. Would definitely book again for the price and location.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2017

So at first I was a little worried about visiting this hotel after reading some of the reviews but I was very pleasantly surprised. We had 2 nights in Pisa and slept fairly well both nights. Our room was 101, on the first floor near-ish where breakfast is served. The rom is decorated old Italian style but I liked this and thought it was quaint and cosy. The bathroom was huge and spotless and we had plenty of hot water for lots of baths! The bed was comfy and the room itself very clean - though i would've loved the option of an extra pillow. Breakfast was fairly good - coffee was made to order and there was a good selection of teas, croissants, juices, bread cheese, cold meat etc. The only thing I would've liked is a broader selection of fruit. The lemony cake was very nice. The room we were in has a small amount of noise from the garage but that's nothing earplugs can't resolve! The location of the river is good and fairly close to the tower etc however the highlight of this place is the terrace on the 4th floor of the hotel. My boyfriend and I had a lovely evening nibbling some olives and drinking wine on this beautiful garden terrace whilst the sun set, would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting pisa :)

Room Tip: 101 was my room - near the garage so some car noise but apparently being on the side where the river is is very noisy
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple