Royal Victoria Hotel
$84
AC Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

Hotel Pisa Tower(Pisa)
$115
$112
$129
$120
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$146
$359
$276
Cancelon
1,213 results
All reviewsthe riverroof terraceoldest hotelcharles dickensgrand tourfaded grandeursteeped in historyantique furniturehistorical hotelleaning towerlovely old hoteltrain stationhigh ceilingsfourth floornoisy at nightminute walkrooms are large
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed in the RVH over New Year 2012 and really loved it - it is a very traditional hotel, beautiful features and it feels like its lived a life, really full of history and stories. Its also perfectly located in the centre of Pisa, right on the Arno river and 10min form everything. Perfect location for the fireworks as they are right on the bridge outside.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants more than just a room with a bed.

Room Tip: If you are staying over a weekend the front of the hotel is not ideal - the main road is immediately outside and a convenient route for home-gowing drinkers
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently had the chance to spend another night at the 'Royal Victoria' hotel which I remembered after staying there 7 years ago. and I was astonished to read the long and very interesting history of the place who has been run and owned by the same family since 1837. we had two rooms and they were both large, and decorated with pieces of furniture from the 19th and 20th centuries. quite big compared to modern hotels and full of history and romanticism. they are very good as service, breakfast choice, location, and decor (the windows on the main street ('lungarno? were nicely decorated with skis and old pieces of luggage), and their logo is also very elegant and super original!
the reason why I do not give them 5 stars, but 4 is that they do need some restoration works: in fact they started already some, but they still need to go on with the process (the bathroom ceiling of my room needs some fixing, for example)
next time in Pisa we will be back for sure...
if you come by car to find their garage is not that easy: ask for directions.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A splendid hotel with rich history. The interior, the room decors, the drinks and music at the reception, everything was charming and old, and full of history. If one is looking for a modern hotel with modern amenities, should not come to Royal Victoria, because whatever they have is ancient and full of history. Loved the breakfast lady, she was caring and quick. Great location, the bridge is close, so we could observe both sides of the river. Walking distance from the Leaning Tower. The only inconvenience was the WiFi ( we had to pay for it, even in the lobby). Would go back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2012 while traveling through Italy. I chose this hotel because of the proximity to the river and the price. The hotel is a short enough walk from the main train station, and fairly close to shops and restaurants. The Field of Miracles is about a 10 minute walk from here as well. When we checked in, the staff spoke English and were very helpful. They provided us with a free map of the area. It was adequate to navigate the town. The room was furnished with very, very old furnishings, however they were adequate for what we needed. The private bathroom was nice and clean. The bed was absolutely horrible. Our bed had a large curve in the middle so it was like trying to sleep on top of a hill and not roll off. The hotel is also very noisy. I suspect this has to do with the age of the hotel, but I had a very difficult time sleeping here as I could hear just about every conversation in the hall. After a horrible night's rest, the breakfast was very amazing. We stayed in many hotels throughout our trip, most with free breakfast, and this hotel had the best free breakfast. There were assorted pastries, meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, and plenty of snack bars, etc. Would I stay here again? If I were traveling on a budget, absolutely! I'd just bring ear plugs and sleeping aids!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sailorT
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is an old hotel with a rich history. Magnificent interior of rooms, halls and terrace.
Perfect location.
At the New Year & Christmas holidays arranged room of Santa Claus - it is Fabulous.

Breakfast can not be called diverse.
Hotel staff are very different. Friendly young men but not affable lady.

Room Tip: I recommend this hotel to those enjoy of antiques and who are looking for new experiences.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family