1,239 results
All reviewsthe riverroof terraceoldest hotelcharles dickensgrand tourfaded grandeursteeped in historyantique furniturehistorical hotelleaning towerlovely old hotelhigh ceilingstrain stationfourth floornoisy at nightpiazza garibaldiminute walk
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2012 while traveling through Italy. I chose this hotel because of the proximity to the river and the price. The hotel is a short enough walk from the main train station, and fairly close to shops and restaurants. The Field of Miracles is about a 10 minute walk from here as well. When we checked in, the staff spoke English and were very helpful. They provided us with a free map of the area. It was adequate to navigate the town. The room was furnished with very, very old furnishings, however they were adequate for what we needed. The private bathroom was nice and clean. The bed was absolutely horrible. Our bed had a large curve in the middle so it was like trying to sleep on top of a hill and not roll off. The hotel is also very noisy. I suspect this has to do with the age of the hotel, but I had a very difficult time sleeping here as I could hear just about every conversation in the hall. After a horrible night's rest, the breakfast was very amazing. We stayed in many hotels throughout our trip, most with free breakfast, and this hotel had the best free breakfast. There were assorted pastries, meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, and plenty of snack bars, etc. Would I stay here again? If I were traveling on a budget, absolutely! I'd just bring ear plugs and sleeping aids!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sailorT
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is an old hotel with a rich history. Magnificent interior of rooms, halls and terrace.
Perfect location.
At the New Year & Christmas holidays arranged room of Santa Claus - it is Fabulous.

Breakfast can not be called diverse.
Hotel staff are very different. Friendly young men but not affable lady.

Room Tip: I recommend this hotel to those enjoy of antiques and who are looking for new experiences.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the fifth time I have stayed at the Royal Victoria. It's old world splendor is one of the reasons I return and will continue to do so. The rooms and public ares a furnished with genuine antiques, the floors and ceilings are beautifully tiled and painted with frescos. The hotel is situated perfectly for shopping, sightseeing and transport links.
We stayed for 3 nights over the New Year period and were right in the midst of all the wonderful celebrations. As always the staff without exception are professional and very polite. The breakfast is exceptionally good and you can take your time and choose from a wide range of items. All I can say is long may this hotel continue to provide it's first class service. A true vintage gem!

Room Tip: If noise bothers ou ask for a room at the back or side, or take ear plugs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbug183
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location for walking to the Tower of Pisa and the Train station. It is also right on the river with great views. The hotel has a long history and is charming in nature. The staff could not be more helpful and the room was excellent quality. I'm sure the hotel will have some investment in the future but this is a great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel was great and nice, compared to the price, we didn't expect such an excellent service and environment. Very close to the bus station and easy to reach. We spent only one night there and it was a perfect night in Pisa. We would love to come back again if we visit Pisa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple