“Very good”

Caffe Antico Toti
Ranked #758 of 945 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Good staff, atmospher, music, food most of all the wine. A very relaxing place. I really love to go there and i do very often.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank esterina22

Paisley
“Unfunny version of Faulty Towers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived in Pisa early evening after a long day travelling. Picked this restaurant as it looked decent enough and we were hungry. The worker who served us, I say worker as I wouldn't insult waiting staff by including him in the profession, gave us menus. We asked for a wine list and ordered the house wine for €15 a bottle. He brought over glasses and poured the wine. I noticed my wine smelled strange, I asked my two companions opinion - they agreed, their wine was ok so I must have had a dirty glass, it did look cloudy. We told the worker who I now realise is the owner, he looked puzzled but took my glass, emptied the wine from it into the sink, steamed it with the coffee spout then put it down in front of me empty. He broke another glass while doing this and crashed about behind the bar as if it was his first night on the job.
We waited for him to replace the poured away wine which he didn't do. We asked him to replace it, he now didn't seem to understand English even though he'd been conversationally fluent before. When pushed further on the matter he said "ok just make it €10 for the bottle then".

The food then arrived, well some of it. My partners Luke warm half cooked risotto and my cool pasta bolognese our friends plate sat on the bar for about 5 mins before the owner brought it over. We told him the food was cold, he went into the kitchen and began scolding the young woman who was cooking but looked more like a waitress. That was the final straw
for us so we decided to leave.

He offered to heat up the food and give us the wine for free but we were not prepared to stay there any longer. He then became indignant and tried to be offensive towards us as we walked out.

This place is one to be avoided, the guys attitude is a disgrace.

• Visited September 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Terrible Experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was traveling thru Italy and decided to make a quick stop of an afternoon for lunch and see the leaning Tower. We came across this place and I'm sorry I did. From the minute that we walked in until we left, the waitress never smile nor were pleasant, she also took forever to even make eye contact. She came over and took our order, which came wrong, the kitchen got it mixed up with another table, I saw the other table sending back my plate, but since the experience had been terrible up to that point, I didn't send it back and have my mom wait or eat by herself.

Another couple sat next to us, the owner which was behind the bar for most of the time, not doing anything other than drinking, put the place mats on the table next to us for the couple, and off course it was up side down. The couple left under the impression of this being a very place and the waitress, nor the owner... never asked why there where leaving, they looked at each other as of: "oh well, good"

I don't understand how they are still in business. This was the worse experience of Italy for sure. DO NOT GO THERE

The food was also nothing special.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank apepplow
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Nice little cafe offthe beaten track”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice little cafe down one of the alleys after you cross the bridge on the way back from the tower.We had a meat feast pitza and salad (to share) and two glass of house red wine..total cost €19.50..much cheaper than many restuarants on the main street. Service was good and so was the food.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank taffywire
oranjestad
“terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

it looked nice from the outside
tables were dirty
server was grumpy and smoked close to tables constantly
wine was watery and terrible and €4 a glass
airco exhaust was blowing on outside guests
pizza was good