“Love the Segway!”
Review of Pisa Segway Tours - CLOSED

Pisa Segway Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pisa Segway Tours are the most appropriate to visit the entire historical centre of Pisa in less time then simply walking
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I loved this tour, and my mother and I both picked up on how to ride a Segway very easily. I was a little nervous after reading these other reviews but it was fine! Our tour guide was wonderful and knew the answer to all of our questions. The audio tour got a little boring, but I just tuned it out while I took my pictures and zoomed around the courtyards :)

One problem with this tour, though, was that I booked it through tickitaly.com. They sent us the wrong meeting information and the description on their site and the conversation I had with their promoter made it seem like ascending Pisa was included in the tour, which was not the case. When we arrived where we were supposed to meet the tour and no one was there, I immediately called the contact numbers given. The woman who answered (not my fabulous tour guide) texted us "directions" for where we were supposed to be. Her directions consisted of "the newspaper stand" on a street that she said was ten minutes away. Not especially helpful. We found a taxi, and he said that the street was super long and he had no idea where she wanted us to go. Luckily, she called back and she was able to describe it enough to him that he got us there.

So, in short, the tour itself was wonderful, but the prep work leading up to it needs some work!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I personally loved this tour however 4/6 of our group fell off their Segways! (Lucily not me, but maybe just good luck!) We were a group of fit 30-50 yrs olds, used to cycling, running and skiing but man did we feel lucky we didn't break anything!
3 of us complety splattered on the road- in front of oncoming traffic! Yes 2 operator errors plus one husband rear-crashing into his wife- not happy Jan!

So whilst we have to take that responsibility - I would just like to say be very careful!

Those things are not as easy to deal with on rough cobblestone surfaces! I thought we would have helmets- but no, and in the process of learning to drive them which was done very professionally, we forgot to ask. Our Segways seemed in good working order, however after one of the crashes, it wouldn't start and there was no back up for half an hour as the guide couldn't restart it herself. Finally help arrived to start up again. One headphone was dubious.

The route was great and we saw all the main sites with interesting commentary, but perhaps staying away from crowds at the Leaning Tower would be safer for all. We all breathed a sigh of relief on handing them back but I still loved seeing the city in that manner as you can cover so much more ground than walking. Our guide did a great job - considering she must have thought we were a bunch of numpties- she was unflappable !

1  Thank rascalcat
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We're big fans of Segway as they're quite fun to drive / ride, but were quite disappointed with this tour. A couple of issues:

1) We waited for 20 mins at the meeting point with no one there. When we called them with international roaming, they first said that we were late (which we were not) & then finally agreed to come fetch us. Another 5-10 mins later, we were led to an old garage which the bikes / Segways were parked. It seems like there was a double-booking as they decided to take another person out at the last minute, and there are are only 2 functioning Segways so they had to call back the other person...

2) The equipment was old & worn out. The Segways looked like they were 1st generation ones & were not well maintained. One kept veering off toward one direction & couldn't really accelerate. Both were very slow compared to ones that we've driven elsewhere. When we complained to the tour guide, she just shrugged and said that there is nothing she can do.

3) The tour was poorly managed. The audio guides didn't work half of the time - either no connection or filled with static noises. When we could hear the audio guides, the content was also rather lacking.

The only positive thing was that our guide was sincerely trying to help to make the tour better. Since there were only 2 Segways (and there are 2 of us), she ended up taking a broken bike which the seat was severely mis-aligned and she couldn't really ride it. She kept apologizing & tried to help with continually re-setting the audio guides and pointing out some sights for us when the guides didn't work. She was also very friendly and offered to take lots of pictures. Unfortunately, the equipment and tour planning just didn't deliver.

Claudio C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Pisa Segway Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

dear friends, the terribile experience you had has been caused by the local dealer we had an agreement in pisa with. unfortunately we have not been quick enough to realize what a terribile choise we had done in choosing such an unprepared and unskilled partner to deal with .
all happened so fast and by the time we started having negative feedbacks from our customers we decided to quit and choose a more serious and professional patner .
I understand that this will not help in paying you back for the back expeience you had but please let me apologize again . our long and positive experience throughout italy has been contaminated by that terribile partnership we had quit. please feel free to get back to us for any further issues and consider yourself our guests for your next vacation's segway tours in rome , pisa, florence or milan .
best regards
Marco

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We rode on the evening bike ride in Pisa . First the cruser bike was in deplorable condition. The seat was not stable, no carrier or basket for a purse or bag. Then the trip lasted only 45 minutes not the length described in the web site. Another day in Pisa we were on bikes with another tour company (Tuscany ride a bike tour company) and on this day we saw the Roman aqueducts leading into Pisa and rode through the medical wall and saw the lovely city park adjacent to,the river.
Therefore when we headed to Rome we obviously did not book a bike ride with Italy cruiser bike , there but instead toured with Top Bike Tours in Rome which was fantastic.

Claudio C, Proprietario at Pisa Segway Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear customer, we are very sorry about your bad experience. After a careful analysis, we decided to take a drastic decision to improve our service in Pisa and to do that we changed our managing team in Pisa. After this change I am sure that this kind of situation will never happen again.
Sincerely