Live09
B&B Hotel Pisa(Pisa)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsresidential areahomemade marmalademodern designwonderful hotelhome made cakesthe bushosts
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked here for a couple of nights after flying to Pisa and before heading to Florence. The owner emailed us well in advance to explain that the B and B was not in the centre of Pisa, and wanted to make us aware of the fact. I knew this already having done my research, but was impressed with the trouble taken. I informed the owner that we may well arrive after the checking time of 20.00 and was given the instructions to access the car park and house, plus we were asked to fax our passport details in advance. This was fine and we did arrive in time to see the owner who was absolutely charming. The room was huge, with a small kitchen area. We had free water, small homemade goodies to eat and every home comfort. The place was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was fine and thoughtfully presented. There are some nice restaurants to walk to in the evening, and the centre of town is a short drive away. Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margles51
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just returned from a 7 day stay at the Live09 B & B, which we used as a base to see Tuscany. The service at the B & B was outstanding. Very modern, clean, great shower, and in a residential area, away from the niose of the city.Parking was not a problem, with plenty of free roadside parking, and only 5minutes drive from Pisa. We liked the availability of water, wine and soft drinks in the chiller cabinet in the hall, all at supermarket prices, and that the bed linen was changed every day. Breakfasts, of fruit, biscuits, cake, dont help the waistline, but meant we usally skipped lunch.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anthornbob
Reviewed September 12, 2012

When I booked to Live09, I was surprised when I received an explanatory email about its exact position outside Pisa and asked for a confirmation email that understand the exact position.

However-as I found later-the "devil was in a small detail" about the check in hours, written in small letters at the very end of the email after the writer's signature and after a very long P.S. that described how to find the place, that did not had any interest, since "comme tout l' monde" I use navigator.The detail was that a hotel that demands the special price of 98€ dictates to check in between 16:30 to 20:00!! A barrack maybe or a concentration camp?

Since this check in restriction failed my attention I received a call at 20:15 while travelling to Pisa,to know that I was late and that the Live09 closed its gates for the night!

I was charged the 98€, had a difficult time trying to find another hotel late in the night (by the way I stayed at a 4* hotel for 62€ for a double, breakfast & parking included!).

So be careful if by accident you choose this hotel to get deep in reading when you receive their explanatory email! Still feel like an idiot...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank StochasticTraveller
Reviewed July 29, 2011

A modern building, spotless rooms with sharp clean lines.
The standard of service was excellent, Federico and his staff were marvellous, so friendly and helpful.
Breakst was good, typical Italian and nothing was too much trouble.
Pisa centre is only a short drive away and a car is reallly a must, if you want to visit a good beach try Viareggio which is about a 30 minute drive away.
All in all, we stayed 2 nights and the service and qualiity of acommodation was faultless.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Although this B&B was 2 miles outside of Pisa city centre, for those who want to stay in a quieter location near the airport, this is for you!! The rooms were very spacious and clean, and the owners were FANTASTIC!! We had a very early flight, yet they still put out food for us in the morning before we left. He recommended an excellent, authentic pizza place nearby and made reservations for us...even gave us a ride to the train station for a bit of sightseeing! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends