“Definitely leaning”

$26.45*
Leaning Tower of Pisa Entry Ticket
$77.91*
and up
Pisa Half-Day Trip from Florence Including Skip-the-Line Leaning Tower of Pisa...
$87.49*
Skip-the-Line Pisa and Leaning Tower City Tour for Kids and Families
Ranked #2 of 202 things to do in Pisa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Tower of Pisa (180 feet in height) was begun in 1173 and, due to its faulty foundation on unstable soil, leans precariously more than 14 feet out of line, preventing visitors from climbing its 300-plus steps to the top.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This attraction is a must see! Visited in aug 2013, there are market stalls all along as you walk in, there are toilets near the tower which cost 50c euro. Very crowded and often security tell people to get off the grass, hard to take a pictures as it is very crowded so I suggest you take them further away where it's a little less busy but great to see! You can pay and go up in the tower however not sure how safe that is... Seeing as it leans lol

Write a ReviewReviews (18,072)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

When we came last year, I didn't expect it to still be standing this year, but it is. Has to be seen. The church it seems has closed the market stalls along the side and this appears to have put 80 families out of work. here are posters everywhere and it wasn't the same without them. I hope the church will put them ack. I believe they could have been moved elsewhere. It is however a sight to behold

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have seen the tower twice now,the first time I was travelling solo and went up it after sharing a couple of bottles of wine,I was photographing my fiend who was leaning on the huge bell at the top when it rang out ! I also went with my family but there were way too many tourists and they were only allowing 40 people at a time to go up it. This is an awesome place to visit, the view as you first see this place is breathtaking. You will see lots of people doing strange poses in front of the tower when you arrive.A great place to visit and easy to get there by rail from Florence station. Don't drink too much wine as the stairs inside wind around the walls and it can be a bit tricky getting to the top!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We paid £20(ish) each via a tour operator to get access to the tower believing when we got there it'd be packed and queues would be going out of the city. We were wrong! We could have easily bought a cheaper ticket on the day and then picked a time that suited us. The tower's not half as impressive as I imagined it would be and being a little scared of heights I struggled at the top (I know that's not anyone's fault but my own!)

The surroundings are beautiful though; the Baptistery and Cathedral are worth looking around but I'd avoid the Tower and go to Florence's tower instead. Buy lunch and have a picnic by the tower. Pisa town itself is avoidable.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you do not have enough time and need to choose between places to visit in Italy, give this a miss. The leaning tower of Pisa is not impressive at all. The whole area with the leaning tower, duomo etc pale in comparison with other places of interest. There are much nicer places to visit in Tuscany. This trip was in Oct 2010.