“Great Italian home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lo Schiaccianoci

Lo Schiaccianoci
Ranked #29 of 947 Restaurants in Pisa
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: very near the Terminus Hotel in Pisa
Boston, United Kingdom
“Great Italian home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a family run restaurant. Most of the people eating there were Italians which is always a good sign. We were warmly welcomed. The food was really home cooked Italian, I think there was a mama in the kitchen. I had asparagus and shrimp pasta which was a starter and my husband had pasta with tasty mushrooms, we were so full up we couldn't manage a main. The couple next to us had starter and a main and couldn't manage it. We both had a crème caramel and a panna cotta both clearly home made and delicious. We went back the following night and the owner remembered us. You must go it is the best food we had in the time we were there.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jules315978

Portland, Oregon, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where the locals go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our last night in Italy after almost 3 weeks. This was our favorite. I ate a lamb dish that was very savory. My wife had a grilled fish that was divine. The house wine was just what we wanted. The Creme Caramel was also wonderful! We ordered lemoncello and they gave us a small pitcher and they did not include it on the bill!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michael R
Sydney, Australia
“Eating solo became comfortable for the first time in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The maitre'd (Giovanni) greets you on arrival and makes you feel special. Sees you are comfortably seated then proceeds to take and bring your drink order along with a basket of complimentary assorted breads. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. I found the decor extremely interesting - table cloths, paintings, photos, cabinets of curios, etc. Once I discovered this treasure in Pisa I continued to eat there each night. I stayed in Michele Guest House for six nights which is just along the street from Lo Schiaccianoci. By my third visit Giovanni would bring drinks to my table almost simultaneously with me being seated. He was a very generous host sharing his special liqueurs etc. His wife is also charming but would not let me bring Giovanni home - can't understand why!!!!! I would return to Pisa just for this restaurant; loved it .

• Visited June 2013
Bristol, UK
“A wonderful family owned restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our hotel, La Pace, recommended this restaurant and it was close to the hotel. Firstly, don't be put off by the dodgy looking streets around the restaurant; the place is well worth it.

Inside was like having dinner in somebody's front room, with cosy corners, pretty table cloths and lovely traditional decor, there was also lovely Italian songs being played as background music, the place was full of ambience. The hosts, (owner and his wife), welcomed us immediately and spoke good English, even though we attempted our very poor Italian.

The menu was great with plenty of choice and I opted for spaghetti cabonara and we also enjoyed the house red wine, which was delicious. Both my friend and I delighted in the food as it was so yummy and the service was impeccable. We had: one antipasti, two pasta dishes, two mineral waters, half a carafe of wine and a coffee and the bill came to 39 Euros. I would definitely come back and highly recommend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Basics100
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best meal of our Italy holiday :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We found this restaurant by using the Trip Advisor app - ie restaurants near me. (we were staying at the Hotel La Pace)

A family run affair, we chatted with the owners, and were looked after so well. The food was delicious and 'real' homely food, not just catering to the needs of tourists. For our desserts, the gentleman offered to make us a little platter with a selection of desserts - amazing!!

Very reasonably priced and a bottle fo wine to boot. Would highly recommend and hope we get a chance to go back some day :)

• Visited July 2013