“Excellent city break”
Review of B&B Borgo Largo 51

B&B Borgo Largo 51
Ranked #68 of 256 Pisa B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just stayed one night. After a frustrating journey up and down the street (it is difficult to locate as poorly signed) we really enjoyed our stay. Room was large and air conditioning a godsend as very hot. Good bathroom and the lady who checked us in very helpful. She recommended excellent local restaurant and allowed us leave our luggage there until we were ready to collect. As we had a hired car parking was expensive but very near in the nearby square. Would definitely return. Breakfast very enjoyable in the garden terrace.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
cilla014, Proprietario at B&B Borgo Largo 51, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Reviewed July 31, 2012

With no doubts this is one of the best B&B I have ever been to. It is located in the heart of Pisa and has a lovely terrace and peaceful garden on the backside. The rooms have AC and are lovely decorated. The owner/manager is very sweet and makes you feel at home. The only very small drawback is the lack of an elevator for us travelling with a baby trolley or a heavy suitcase.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

we had a lovely stay at Borgo Largo. its a wonderful location, the service friendly and helpful . We will go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

It's a B&B family owned right in the center of Pisa, steps away from the river Arno and the famous leaning tower. Guests are given their own keys and access code to the building, a large 3 stories mansion. All 5 rooms are comfortable, well decorated and face the street. Breakfast hours are tight, 8 to 10 in the kitchen, so don't wake up late. Wi-fi is available in the reception area although I could get the signal in my room (#2) too. Cecilia, the owner, was kind enough to let me use the wash machine, but do not expect much because you will probably see her only in the morning. The place is really "do it yourself". I guess it's important to say that the noise from the street does not stop until 3 a.m. (during Summertime at least) what makes difficult to sleep before that hour. Also, rooms are divide only by a single large wooden door, what compromises privacy (yes ... you can hear almost everything your neighbor says ...). As I am very sensitive to noise I had to look for another place after the second night.

Room Tip: In room #2 the wi-fi signal reaches the bed if you let the bathroom door opened.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, each time for several weeks. I plan to stay again in June. Cecilia is fantastic and very attentive to every detail making the B&B feel like a home you don't want to leave. I travel extensively for work and B&B BorgoLargo is one of the only place I actually look forward to staying in. Hotels are particularly difficult for me to stay in, I have severe allergic reactions to dust and enclosed space. The B&B is a near perfect environment for me. I can open the windows, I get direct sunlight to the room, it is always kept spotlessly clean, no curtains or feathered pillows or comforters, and few rugs. They also include gluten free biscuits and other items that are appropriate for people with food allergies. None of this is advertised but are the details that indicate place to stay that understands how to provide comfort to frequent travels. I have stayed in five star hotels that were not able to support my few request so I appreciate greatly Cecilia's generosity and willingness to provide a home like place for me to stay while in Pisa. I plan to stay again next year when I am in Pisa for a month to teach at the University.

The location is central to everything you would want to do in Pisa. The guest are all interesting coming from many different places in Europe. Great place for families with children who need space for them to be comfortable.

Room Tip: Each room has a unique charm, come back a few times and try each one.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Cecilia the owner was very welcoming and helpful getting around Pisa.
We loved the room and the position of the B&B -The entrance and having our own code access into the building made us feel we were authentic "Pisani"It is 5 min walk to the Tower and the kids didn't mind at all since there are at least 5 ice cream parlors and 3 souvenir shops on the way! It is also right where all the stores and restaurants are.Breakfast was good and gave plenty of healthy choices for the children. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: ask for the one with the bathroom inside unless you share it with friends or family
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family