“Excellent”

Ranked #8 of 965 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The bistro of my dreams is the little tiny restaurant; it’s the cute shop where you can go for a coffee or a glass of wine. It’s a place where you can eat the traditional Italian dish, sip a good wine and meet your people. It’s a place where you can chat while eating spaghetti, while learning secrets, sipping a “brunello”, or a grappa while listening to music or reading a book. Where love gets done and undone. And coffee. Where you’re early and it gets late. Here you are in my home. You are my guests and friends among friends. Here is my piano and my guitar, my books, my music; here’s the best recipe my mom gave me, and some biscotti and my grandpa’s Vinsanto wine.
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After two days in Rome, two days in Florence, we spent our final night in Pisa. We almost stumbled across this at about 9pm. The 6 of us all felt that it was the best meal we had in Italy. We had past bolognese, past with pork, past with octopus and fish. All meals for first class and excellent value for money.
A real quality restaurant and highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank JohnCarter

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and great value for money”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in Pisa quite late on a Saturday evening and based on trip advisor reviews went to Il Bistrot. Initially weren't sure as there only seemed to be two staff who didn't get to us too quickly but once they took our order all was good. Wine was lovely, food surprisingly good and not your usual menu but most pleasant was the cost of the meal. Exceptionally good value for money for good food in a lovely location. Even had live music playing across the square.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stephanie B
“Lovely setting and great food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice choice of food and a good selection of wine.
Relaxing atmosphere and friendly service.
Definitely a place to try if you are in Pisa.

Visited June 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good food and relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We came across Il Bistrot while looking for somewhere to eat last Friday - our first night in Pisa. The atmosphere was good, jazz playing in the background and comfortable, homely surroundings.
We enjoyed tasty well cooked pasta and a wonderful salad with pecorino cheese and walnuts.
In fact it was so good that we returned on Sunday evening.
It was quiet when we arrived but when we left the place was buzzing with large groups and couples.
The staff were friendly and helpful. We looked at the tasty snacks on the bar that people were collecting and eating but did not realise that we could have helped ourselves.
My 3 friends and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Pisa.

• Visited June 2013
Ibragg Malta
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had a lovely dinner at this restaurant. I only had a plate of pasta but it was freshly cooked and the ingredients tasted wonderful. Pricing is very fair and service is good and friendly. Wine prices are very accessible and the dessert choice is good. Atmosphere scores full marks and choice of background music was nice. Definitely recommended for a romantic evening.

• Visited June 2013