“A delicious find”

Ranked #9 of 965 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The bistro of my dreams is the little tiny restaurant; it’s the cute shop where you can go for a coffee or a glass of wine. It’s a place where you can eat the traditional Italian dish, sip a good wine and meet your people. It’s a place where you can chat while eating spaghetti, while learning secrets, sipping a “brunello”, or a grappa while listening to music or reading a book. Where love gets done and undone. And coffee. Where you’re early and it gets late. Here you are in my home. You are my guests and friends among friends. Here is my piano and my guitar, my books, my music; here’s the best recipe my mom gave me, and some biscotti and my grandpa’s Vinsanto wine.
London
“A delicious find”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I visited after seeing so many top reviews, and wanting to find somewhere reliable for dinner in Pisa. I would not be disappointed.
It's slightly hidden away, just off one of the main shopping streets through Pisa - in a square just north of the river.
The decor is lovely, homely and the service matches that with attention to detail and nothing is too much effort. The food was well presented and we chose well with the pork and spaghetti, and obviously some red wine!
I also went for lunch on another day, when there's a different menu, and had the same great service and fantastic pasta.

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice spot.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Smart bar and restaurant located on a quiet secluded spot. Quality drinks and wine in what appears to be an area of Pisa that is just off the popular tourist spots.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“A lucky chance find”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was staying nearby and the restaurant that the hotel recommended was booked out, it was a Saturday night, so I just kept walking until I found a Piazza full of people eating and drinking and I saw il Bistrot and I liked the look of it and went in. After they got over the shock of accommodating a lady alone I was well looked after, given a nice table overlooking the restaurant and the piazza. Il cameriere even spoke with me in italiano cosi sono contenta. I asked for and was given a lovely local red wine, sorry can't remember the name, and ate a delicious papadelle with a ragu di miale and after a limoncello. Good service, simple food and decent wine.

Visited October 2012
Aksdal, Norway
“Very good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food and service were excellent. We were a group of 10 persons, and in addition to very good service, they even started by welcoming us with a bottle of champagne, and ended the meal with a Limochella.

Visited October 2012
Bedfordshire
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went to this restaurant as we read so many comments about how good the food was. And it was. We went before it opened and the staff bent over backwards to ensure we had a reserved table where we wanted it, on the edge of the piazza. When we arrived the staff were again informative, helpful and friendly, great English and made sure we had a good time. All the food was excellent, tasty, hot and complimented with lots of wine at a reasonable price, about 20 euros a bottle. So why a mark of 4 not 5? Only because the piazza is a free area to use, and it seems lads use it a football play area and on occasions the ball came to the tables. The male member of the team took the ball and put a stop to it when he saw it, so it did not affect the evening. But do not let this put you off. Its a great place and I would definitley go there again

Visited September 2012