“A lucky chance find”

Ranked #27 of 1,017 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The bistro of my dreams is the little tiny restaurant; it’s the cute shop where you can go for a coffee or a glass of wine. It’s a place where you can eat the traditional Italian dish, sip a good wine and meet your people. It’s a place where you can chat while eating spaghetti, while learning secrets, sipping a “brunello”, or a grappa while listening to music or reading a book. Where love gets done and undone. And coffee. Where you’re early and it gets late. Here you are in my home. You are my guests and friends among friends. Here is my piano and my guitar, my books, my music; here’s the best recipe my mom gave me, and some biscotti and my grandpa’s Vinsanto wine.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was staying nearby and the restaurant that the hotel recommended was booked out, it was a Saturday night, so I just kept walking until I found a Piazza full of people eating and drinking and I saw il Bistrot and I liked the look of it and went in. After they got over the shock of accommodating a lady alone I was well looked after, given a nice table overlooking the restaurant and the piazza. Il cameriere even spoke with me in italiano cosi sono contenta. I asked for and was given a lovely local red wine, sorry can't remember the name, and ate a delicious papadelle with a ragu di miale and after a limoncello. Good service, simple food and decent wine.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food and service were excellent. We were a group of 10 persons, and in addition to very good service, they even started by welcoming us with a bottle of champagne, and ended the meal with a Limochella.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went to this restaurant as we read so many comments about how good the food was. And it was. We went before it opened and the staff bent over backwards to ensure we had a reserved table where we wanted it, on the edge of the piazza. When we arrived the staff were again informative, helpful and friendly, great English and made sure we had a good time. All the food was excellent, tasty, hot and complimented with lots of wine at a reasonable price, about 20 euros a bottle. So why a mark of 4 not 5? Only because the piazza is a free area to use, and it seems lads use it a football play area and on occasions the ball came to the tables. The male member of the team took the ball and put a stop to it when he saw it, so it did not affect the evening. But do not let this put you off. Its a great place and I would definitley go there again

Reviewed September 10, 2012

A good place to eat in Pisa, close to the city center but not too much tourists, on a nice piazza.
The food is simple but very tasty and not expensive at all.
Try the local beers. They are very good.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had dinner at the Il Bistrot on our last night in Pisa as it was one recommended by our hosts. We weren't disappointed as it has a nice location on a little square, with tables outside. We had a shared starter of the meat and cheese platter and it was just right for the two of us. We both has pasta as a main dish and were both very full. I had the seafood pasta with Mussels and Cockles and the Mussels were slightly over cooked, but the disk was very tasty and the pasta cooked just right.