“A nice place to eat, with a friendly service and good simple food”
Review of Il Bistrot

Il Bistrot
Ranked #13 of 978 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The bistro of my dreams is the little tiny restaurant; it’s the cute shop where you can go for a coffee or a glass of wine. It’s a place where you can eat the traditional Italian dish, sip a good wine and meet your people. It’s a place where you can chat while eating spaghetti, while learning secrets, sipping a “brunello”, or a grappa while listening to music or reading a book. Where love gets done and undone. And coffee. Where you’re early and it gets late. Here you are in my home. You are my guests and friends among friends. Here is my piano and my guitar, my books, my music; here’s the best recipe my mom gave me, and some biscotti and my grandpa’s Vinsanto wine.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A good place to eat in Pisa, close to the city center but not too much tourists, on a nice piazza.
The food is simple but very tasty and not expensive at all.
Try the local beers. They are very good.

There are newer reviews for Il Bistrot

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had dinner at the Il Bistrot on our last night in Pisa as it was one recommended by our hosts. We weren't disappointed as it has a nice location on a little square, with tables outside. We had a shared starter of the meat and cheese platter and it was just right for the two of us. We both has pasta as a main dish and were both very full. I had the seafood pasta with Mussels and Cockles and the Mussels were slightly over cooked, but the disk was very tasty and the pasta cooked just right.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a bottle of Vermentino, the eggplant parm, the pasta with ragu and yes - pasta with rabbit. Was amazing!!!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I ate here with my family and everybody took part in one of the best restaurant in PIsa.We had dinner with starters, dishes and dessert and we didn't spend so much: we ate a dish of tortelloni with fish that was the best I ever seen and eaten. The waitress was fast in carring meals and funny. I am very pleased to inform everyody that this restaurant is wonderfull and I suggest it whenever you want

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We went here following reviews on Trip Advisor - what a gem. We arrived shortly before it opened and took a seat outside. Our waitress was lovely - really attentive and welcoming, giving us recommendations when we asked, making jokes with us etc. The four of us shared a platter to start, which had lots of tasty things to try. For a main I ordered the spinach and cottage cheese "gnocchetti" because it was a local dish, but found it a bit heavy for my taste (though I enjoy traditional gnocchi). However, the other three mains ordered (fried cod fish, pork with gorgonzola sauce, and duck with juniper berries) were delicious. Recommend.