Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities affiliated with this property may have hired or engaged a third-party to submit positive reviews for this listing. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“Nice place, great meal”

Caffetteria Dantesca
Ranked #810 of 965 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Nice place, great meal”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I have recently had the pleasure to eat at caffetteria dantesca. I have been there eating out with friends.
The location is great, dispite being in the very town centre, the place is very quite.
When we arrived we found the restaurant very crowded, which is always a good sign of quality, but we were worried we had to wait because of it.

The service was instead very fast and the staff was kind and friendly...they also served us cocktails, which is not so Common for a restaurant.

Overall a great experience! Defenitely reccomended!

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
“Really the worst service I've had for a long time. Do not waste your time or money here.”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We decided to try this place as our last bit of food before going to the airport, as it was my last chance to have a real Pizza.
What a mistake, 40 minutes later and we were still waiting for it! My wire had ordered a simple pasta dish and all we'd had were our diet cokes, which were flat.
After saying we were getting in a hurry as our flight was going later, we were promised it would arrive in the next 5 minutes by the waitress.
15 mins later, still no food so that was the end of my patience - almost an hour waiting and it was not busy there I may say, less then a quarter full.
So I went inside and said we were leaving and would only pay for the drinks, to which the old matriach in charge started shouting to the kitchen and telling me the food is coming.
What arrived was a blackened mess of a pizza and what looked like plain spaghetti!!
I refused the food and told them it had taken too long and this was there only chance to give me a bill for the 2 cokes. They were not happy about this, telling me that it was fine and I coudl eat it quickly to make sure I caught my plane, to which I laughed at her and pointed to the pizza and said 'it's burnt!!' so they gave me the bill.
The cokes where an exhorbitant 4 euros each, and they even tried to make me pay a cover charge too. I refused to pay it, they hadn't even brought us any bread!! I left them 8 euros exactly and walked out, to the chorus of Italian swearing from the staff.

Truely awful, there are so many nicer restaurants in Pisa, DO NOT GO HERE!!!

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank Adam P
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Poor food and value for money”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very disappointing standard of food and poor value for money. Do not choose the small pizza margarita - cooked from frozen(?) and very chewy. Expensive for what was offered. Avoid.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Septimus_2012
Southampton
“Could have been worse”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to eat after we had been to the tower and walked around for quite a while trying to decide. Most places seemed either so popular that you couldn't get a table outside or completely empty so we chose this place as it was about half full.

They advertised quite heavily that they didn't include a service charge but they did put at the bottom of the menu that there was a 1.50 euro charge for table clothes and cutley (this turned out to be per person) and once you had finished one course they didn't take your cutley away and replace it with fresh cutlery for the next course, you had to keep the same cutlery and use it again - I'm not sure if this is the norm in Italy as this is the only place that we had two courses.

They also had some things on the menu that advertised that they were had frozen ingredients - not great but at least they didn't con you into thinking that it was all fresh food!

The food that we had was nice, not excellent but I have had a lot worse!. The service wasn't bad.

My boyfriend went in to pay on his card and after the first attempt they said that it didn't work and he must enter his details again. The receipt they showed him was in Italian so he didn't know if that was the case or not as it could have said anything on it for all he knew! We will just have to wait and hope that it doesn't come out of his account twice!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank sheeparecool
“Ok, but overpriced.”
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon this cafe and were lured in by the menu (€8.00 for pasta dishes). The meal was OK, but we made the mistake of accepting the wait staff 's recommendation for garlic bread - 2 pieces for €8.00. The meal ended up costing about €50 for 2 dinners and salad and one drink each (and of course the world's most expensive garlic bread). Best part was the location, it has outside seating right on the grassy Dante Alighieri piazza. We love dogs and enjoyed seeing the locals bring their pups for romping on the grass while we ate dinner.