“Very good service and cleanliness compared to price / Servizio e pulizia ottime in rapporto al prezzo”
Review of Airport Pisa Rooms

Airport Pisa Rooms
Ranked #173 of 250 Pisa B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 13, 2012

La mia famiglia ha soggiornato per una notte presso Airport Pisa Rooms e mi hanno confermato ciò che avevo già letto tra le varie recensioni: ottimo servizio, piena disponibilità del gentilissimo Francesco e ottima location per chi deve prendere l'aereo in orari impossibili. La camera era pulitissima, così come il bagno interno e le aree comuni e l'ambiente era molto accogliente.

My family stayed one night at Airport Pisa Rooms and they confirmed to me what i read among all reviews: very good service, very helpful staff (thank you Francesco) and best location for who needs to take fights early in the morning or at whatever time. The room was really clean, as the inroom bathroom and common areas. The atmosphere was really cosy and homely.

Laura Albanese and family

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Airport Pisa Rooms

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed with my wife in Airport Pisa rooms in early July for one night. Our flight was very late so it was super easy just walk two-three minutes to Pisa rooms. So the location for us was excellent. Also there is only 10-minute walk to the center of the pisa and 20 minute to the leaning tower.
The staff was very friendly and the manager, Francesco, funny and humorous guy. ;) The room and other facilities we got, were clean and pleasant. Not luxury, as you can expect from a hostel, but clean and pleasant. Sleeping was actually easy - it was quiet and no distraction what so ever. Room was very cheap, so it was good value for money.
It's always good to come to a place where staff is friendly and welcoming. This was our first stop in our Toscana-holiday and it started great!

Ilkka, Finland

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I must give high praise to Franco, the friendly concierge, who went out of his way to accommodate our large family party, including my elderly father who wasn't feeling very well. The rooms were spotless and colourfully painted and furnished, and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms were also very clean, all the showers worked well and there was plenty of hot water. We were at the back of the building, so despite being right by the airport and on a main road, we weren't bothered by noise. There was a large communal fridge, and you could have air-conditioning in the room for a 6 euro fee. A small wrapped croissant or cake and some instant coffee and milk was provided for everyone, and a hot water urn was delivered in the morning. Franco kindly allowed my father to stay in his room while the rest of us toured PIsa until it was time to leave for the afternoon flight, without charging us any extra. There is parking on the street for about 3 euros overnight, and the bus into Pisa and right to the Tower area stops outside. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back for more peace and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband, 10 month old, and I all stayed one night here before catching a flight. The location can't be beat. We walked to the airport with all our luggage, a stroller, travel cot, and car seat. It only took 5 minutes. The price was incredible, and the bed was one of the most comfortable we've stayed in. There was a new television with loads of channels, and the room was very spacious. We shared a bathroom so it seemed more like a hostel but it was super clean and definitely well-maintained. I wish all low cost accommodations were up to this standard. I'd definitely recommend it if you're flying into Pisa and need a place to stay close to the airport. We also took the bus into town to see the Tower and it was very easy and only took about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Take the bus into town from the airport
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Let me say that I will criticize this guy (Francesco's) operation here in a review rather than lambasting him on the forums, although I'd have perfect cause to do so on the Pisa and Florence forums.

We pretty much had booking problems from day one. I had booked two rooms with ensuite facilities in May 2010 after looking at the airportpisarooms website. I then booked the rooms through hostel bookers. Turns out he really doesn't have two ensuite rooms available, and has listed his rooms incorrectly on hostel bookers. Ultimately we were given the switch to another property, (an apartment,) with two bedrooms and a shared bath.

This facility is near the Cisanello hospital in Pisa, and transportation connections are not the best. There is a bus stop a few blocks away, but if you need to get to the airport, it means taking the bus downtown, then transferring to another bus.

As we had 5 people in our party, it meant two trips from the hostel to the apartment, which Francesco offered. We were given basic instructions to leave the keys inside the apartment, and as we had an early flight the next morning, he would make the first run to the airport (with 3 of us) at 4:50 am, then return for the other two in our group.

Guess what: by 5:30 am, there was no Francesco, and the keys were locked in the apartment as requested, no telephone anywhere, and , a torrential downpour as well.

I walked to the hospital and half communicated with a security guard as to our need for a phone call to the taxi company. Evidently the taxi company doesn't answer phones that early in the morning, but the guard kept trying, and we were eventually able to secure two cabs to move us to the airport for our flights.

The apartment itself was nothing to write home about, and one or more bathroom fixtures need repairs as there was water all over the floor before any of us used it.

The lighting in this place gives new meaning to the word dreary. The beds were passable.

Lessons learned: be very wary when dealing with this guy (Francesco) and airport pisa rooms. If you get stuck way out in the boonies as we did, I'd suggest ordering up cabs the night before you leave, whether they be for an airport run, or a train station run. Do not leave a set of keys in the apartment until after your transport arrives.

To say we were on pins and needles would be an understatement. I would never book again with this guy and his operation in a million years.

Also, no restaurants open on a Sunday night anywhere near this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank tptr
airportpisarooms, Proprietario at Airport Pisa Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Sear Sir,
everything is correct.. except one detail.
You told me to get at 5:40 not at 4:50 that's why Francesco was not there...

I also waited for 45 munutes and you were not at our meeting point.
It's just a misunderstood, hopefully it will happen anymore !!

AIRPORT PISA ROOMS
Francesco

Reviewed October 23, 2010

Perfect walking distance for airport. Beware that the room you book may not be available when you arrive. You are better off paying a deposit than 'cash on arrival'. Basic dormatory type student acommodation. Drab dark room with antique lighting. Not as described and no you cannot book in between 10am - 10pm as I was lead to believe.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leckco
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed only one night in Pisa and this was our hotel near the airport - and boy is it near the airport - only a minute or two away.

Unfortunately he'd messed up our booking but he gave us the use of an apartment he has nearby (which was a lot nicer than what we'd paid for), drove us there and picked us up the next day to take us to the airport. We were really pleased with the experience and as he also said he enjoyed helping people sort out an itinerary so they could use his place as a sightseeing base we'll be back.

He also owns a facility which Ryanair pilots use as their base when they are there (BA staff in your 5 star hotels take note next time you want to go on strike over being downgraded!!!) which I think speaks well for his reputation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple