“What a rip off”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Dropped in for a cup of coffee. Ordered at the bar -one macciatto and one capaccino. We were told to sit down. The coffee eventually arrived (the place was not busy). Went to the bar to pay Eur 8.50 - when I complained that this order normally costs Eur2.20 I was told that the extra cost was for the table service that I didn't ask for.

Beware

1  Thank Pakbazza

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place just seems to exist to rip off tourists. No prices displayed so asked how much for the lasagne - 8 Euro. Ok hadn't much time before train so ordered that. Absolutley tiny portion and they charged 5 Euro each for a can of coke and a coffee. Unbelievable. Steer clear!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

It gives me some comfort to locate this establishment on Tripadvisor and realise that it wasn't just me that fell into the tourist trap of having some spare Euros to get rid of before flying home, being tired and weary after a long holiday and just wanting to have a late-night sit down, a drink and a quick bite to eat near to my hotel, only to think about it 5 minutes later and realise that I might as well have actually gone to that place right next door to the Leaning Tower which I PRESUMED would be a tourist trap, but in fact, was half the price of this placeand ten times the quality!!

17 Euros for 2 x 330ml cans of lemonade and what can only be described as an oversized chicken nugget slapped between two pieces of bread. I'm only grateful that it was my partner alone that was hungry as if I'd have ordered food too, it'd have been even more expensive!

No bill/receipt offered, had to pay at the till as no one was around outside - don't be fooled by the fact that this place looks pretty decent from the outside. I should have known something was up when there were no obvious prices displayed on anything but I'm certain that this place will continue to make a killing from passing tourists leaving/arriving at Centrale station.

Lesson learned!

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

After a days sightseeing we stopped off for a drink we ordered 2 beers which surprisingly came in large glasses the next round we ordered the glasses were smaller when i went to pay i pointed out the different glass size & was told i had got i wrong & my glass taken off me the bill came to€36 it is somewhere to be avoided at all costs

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

It was literally the worst experience in Pisa! I have paid €15,80 for one cappuccino and three croissants. In my disbelief I asked the waiter for the reason. He told me "paperwork" while rolling his eyes. This just forced me to write this review. Stay away from this place!