“Crooks .... AVOID AT ALL COST”
Review of Caffe Gambrinus

Caffe Gambrinus
Ranked #25 of 26 Bakeries in Pisa
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We bought 2 - 2 scoops of ice cream. They charged us 40 Euros!!!! They accept only cash and they did not give us receipts even when we asked for it.

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

euro 5 espresso (at table) need I say more?

no prices are exposed behind the counter. we received a nasty surprise when we paid the bill. we paid more here for coffees and panini then we did for some 2 course dinners. avoid at all costs.

1  Thank eurotripper2012
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Will not go into details of the first reason in over twenty years travelling all over Italy that we have had cause to make an official complaint. Knowing the beautiful city of Pisa very well we did not read reviews on Trip Advisor until after the event, just stopped on a very hot July day at Caffe Gambrinus as we had just picked friends with a young child up at the railway station - she wanted water and a toilet stop and this cafe is close to the railway station. It was their first visit to Pisa and we wanted to show them around, not the best first impression! Since returning I have been in contact with the Pisa Tourist Board, they are contactable on sosturista@provincia.pisa.it , this is an address that deals with complaints. We have had a very interesting, prompt and satisfactory response - we are just one of many complainants. Beware!

1  Thank IlDucaStirling
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Without a doubt the worst rip off in Pisa. This place has left me never wanting to visit Pisa again. 24euros for two ice creams and two cokes. The owner is obviously a crook but the staff should hang their heads in shame

1  Thank Ste W
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Bought a red wine and pasty cost Euro 11.80! Turns out it would have cost Euro 6.50 if I'd have stood at the bar but because I sat down I was charged and extra Euro 5.30! I complained but the staff said they could not refund as no Manager present and I'd need to come back tomorrow so needless to say I had a major rant and left disgusted.

2  Thank Tony236