“The best restaurant experience”

Hostaria Le Repubbliche Marinare
Reserve with
Hostaria Le Repubbliche Marinare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 947 Restaurants in Pisa
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We mainly offer our guests a typical maritime cuisine, combining tradition and innovation, but never altering our first choice and extremely fresh ingredients. Our main concern is to offer an excellent selection of local meat and cheese paired with a rich wine list (more than 700 varieties) mostly composed by organic, biodynamic, naturally made wines with no chemicals. Not to mention the spirits and liqueurs menu (more than 250 varieties) and a pictured dessert menu daily offering a choice of 15 desserts or more, all beautifully served by the art of food presentation. The availability of the room is about 45-50 people in one room fully accessible to wheelchair users. In summer places increase to about 65 because you can dine outdoors in the beautiful square in front of the room (square of the Ancient Maritime Republics baptized by the municipality at the request of Beppe) lit by torches and candles.
Beverley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best restaurant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The wine menu is extensive, the waiter was extremely knowledgeable and professional . We eat spaghetti and lobster which was deliciously first class. The service from both the lady and gentleman waiter was of the highest standard. The prices are very competitive and as we eat at another restaurant the next night we compared it to this restaurant and was disappointed. We would highly recommend Hostaria Le Repubbliche Marinare to anyone who enjoys excellent food and wine for a good price and experience.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Worderful lobster primo piatto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

loved the place great food and desert. diner was excelent.
remeber an asian family in a table acrosso to ours that ordered almost the whole menu and ate everything. they certainly had no complaints about this restaurant

• Visited June 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service in a lovely friendly and romantic environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner and I dined here and couldn't have anything negative to say. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was calm and romantic and the food was delicious and appropriately priced. We ate out for lunch and dinner in Pisa for 5 days and this was by far our best experience.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best meal I had in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

A very late post, but better late than never!

This place is definitely a hidden gem. We had to walk through a kind of tunnel and wide alley to get to this restaurant. We got there around 30-45 minutes before they opened for lunch. We were greeted hospitably by the owner and staff and although the restaurant was still in preparation for opening, he let us sit at the outdoor seating and let us look at the menu. Since we were the first ones there, he chatted with us about our travelling plans and we got to ask him in depth about the menu.

I'm pretty indecisive on my food selections and I was debating between a fish ravioli or an apple foie gras ravioli (I love foie gras). I voiced my struggles to the owner and he ended up convincing me to try the fish ravioli and my friend ordered spaghetti alle vongole (white wine clams).

When our orders came up, I was surprised to see that the owner was holding three plates of pasta, two of which we ordered and the last an amuse bouche of the apple foie gras ravioli I so desperately wanted to try! I was definitely relieved to have ordered the fish ravioli. I have never tasted anything quite like it! There was fish broth inside and surrounding the ravioli and the cherry tomatoes were as sweet as they can be. It was a symphony in my mouth. Though the apple foie gras ravioli didn't live up to my full expectations, it was still very, very delicious. I think I prefer the foie gras served seared and undercooked instead in pasta. I have no complaints because it was free! It was very nice of the owner to have done so and it made our dining experience better than it already was. My friend's spaghetti was also spot on; the freshly handmade pasta and the sweet taste of clam and clam juices made it one of the best alle vongoles I've ever tried. The bread basket was full of unique breads and crackers and the ice cream tasted like any good ice cream would taste. The price is definitely in the more pricier range, however, the food quality and great service makes it worth every penny!

Too bad there's not much to do and see in Pisa, but my future trips there would for sure include a stop here!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank cocacora
“worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

It is a little of the tourist trail but worth looking for. Don't be put of by its location. The restaurant and staff are really welcoming. The decor was very Italian and the food was great. The waiter was really knowledgeable about all the dishes and the wine. My husband ordered espresso and Grapa and was presented with a list of different types which the waiter explained and recommended. The sea food was amazing! Our meal ended with complimentary orange liquor . All in all a friendly,warm welcome with food of a high standard. Thank you for a memorable last evening in Pisa.

Visited April 2013