“Practical and convenient”

Add it.
Central Station Guest-House
Ranked #186 of 250 Pisa B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights, using it mainly as a place to sleep nothing more. very close to train station - good and bad! Train station are is a dodgy area with lots of people hanging about looking for change, drunks etc but thats standard for most cities they were a nuisance nothing more. Literally 10 minutes walk from leaning tower and other local sights to see are not far from the Guest-House. We stayed in a room with 2 bunk beds and nothing much else in there, was bathroom and shower was nice and hot (not guarenteed in some cheaper hotels!) but no kitchen or fridge to chill water before we went out.

Basically its very well placed, cheap and simple so if thats what you need then this is a good shout as really in Pisa theres not much to do after a day or so exploring but the train goes to sienna, florence, lucca, livorno etc all wonderful towns/cities :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Central Station Guest-House

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I booked a single room, but was given a four bed dorm room to myself the first night instead and then moved the second night. Well the second room had a TV, a mirror while the first room was just four lonely beds. The internet was spotty which is forgiveable except that the bathroom was awful. The toilet didn't flush, the hot water only lasted long enough for one person to shower (but you are sharing the bathroom with 2 other rooms that have multiple occupants), the shower hose has holes in it so the water didn't have any pressure by the time it got to the shower head and there wasn't any toilet paper (which was only replaced more than 24 hours later after I complained). The owner is also never around. It is a great location and I slept fine, but I expect considerably more for 40 euros a night.

Room Tip: The street side is pretty loud at night
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dirtydirtyretro
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Very near to the central railway station but very poor service. There was no hot water available and nobody even to attend !!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Savitha S
Reviewed July 8, 2011

If you are after a cheap place to stay in Pisa I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel. After traveling for a few weeks across Europe with my family (5 people) and having realistic expectation this ticks most of the boxes. It is cheap! It is clean! It is an easy walk to the restaurants and the tower. 2 mins from the station and 2 mins from a realistically priced 24 hour car park. The check in is a bit strange, having to call a number from the front door ant there are not enough power points in the room we stayed in but the wi-fi was free and worked

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Belatu
Reviewed June 24, 2010

It's clean and close to the train station, making it convenient to do a quick 1 day, 1 night tour of Pisa or a few nights of doing train hops to surrounding destinations (Lucca, Cinque Terra...).
This is the ground floor of a residential house complete with fridge/sink/utensils.
They advertise "private bath" which is misleading. It's a shared bath. They accomodate 4 in bunks in one room and there's a Queen in a second bedroom. Then there's another bunk in an open area. If you're there with 8, the 1 bath could be a stretch however when we were there our schedules dovetailed and it wasn't a problem. If you're there with a larger group they had stow-away bed and foamies too.
The neighbour's courtyard backs onto the bedrooms but they were very considerate and shut things down around 10:30.
There's a gate up front. Best to let them know your time of arrival. We were lucky enough to have a cell so I don't know if there's a buzzer on the gate to call them. I think they live on the second floor.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I booked a 6-person room in this hostel only for one night because we dropped by to Pisa only to see the Tower (nothing else there to be seen) and we were all a bit disappointed with the quality of the hostel and the service. To start with, when booking the room I marked that I wanted to check in at 9 pm and when we found the hostel (it's 2 min walk from the station) we found out that the owner had to drive from her own place somewhere else to complete the formalities. When I called her, she asked if I could wait until "after dinner" which finally meant another hour. Considering we had only one night in Pisa, this was nothing else than a theft of time. When the owner finally arrived, she showed me my 6-prs room.. In fact there were only four beds and one small pulled out of a wardrobe but it was rather for a child than for an adult. The lady told me that the double bed was for 3 persons (for God's sake, who sleeps with 3 people in one bed?!) so I'd rather say there were 4.5 beds. The bathrooms were dirty so I wouldn't encourage anyone to take a shower there. Luckily it was only one night and what we cared about was the location.. But I can't recommend this hostel to anyone. My tip: if you decide for it anyway, mark that you want to arrive two hours earlier than you intend to, maybe then you won't loose time for the check-in.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael_Wroclaw
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I spent two nights here last year whilst travelling Europe with my partner. We were looking for a place within close enough distance to the Cinque Terre, but near an airport, so we chose Pisa. We were simply looking for a bed to sleep in. I organised all of our accommodation over two and a half months and so looked at many, many reviews of places, so that I wouldn't end up with anywhere too bad to stay. I had only heard good things about this place. This is why I am writing this review.
The first thing bad about this place started before we even got in the door. We'd just arrived n a flight/train and were exhausted. It was very difficult to find this place, which was in a very scary, dirty part of the neighborhood.We eventually found the block and unit and buzzed; the lady who answered had no idea who were were and spoke broken English. Luckily I'd noted down the phone number and called it..the owner had to drive from her place to let us in. At no point we were told that we would have to do this. It was in a block of flats shared by locals and the whole place smelt of garbage. This place was riddled with bed bugs!! It wasn't until one night when my partner was asleep and I was up reading with the bed side light on that I noticed. As soon as you see one, you find them everywhere!! They were on the walls behind the bed, in the bed, and even in the beds in the room that were not in use. They were also on the floor. They were so bad that we forced ourselves to stay awake until the first train to Rome came in the early hours of the morning.
Considering the price and the hell we went through for the rest of the trip (making sure bed bugs weren't through everything and being completely paranoid at every place thereafter) this place was most certainly not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple