“Don't, you will only end up being disappointed”
Review of Ristorante Duomo

Ristorante Duomo
Ranked #247 of 972 Restaurants in Pisa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Knutsford
“Don't, you will only end up being disappointed”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Having walked away from the immediate vicinity of the tower in search of somewhere to eat lunch we found this restaurant. It looked clean and tidy and offered a generous selection of dishes.

So after being shown to a table we then had to wait 10+ mins to order drinks, and only then because I approached the waiter for service. So the four of us ordered, some with starters, some not, from here it was downhill.

Two of us received our starters, one of the group received their main, and the other received the chips that they had ordered to go with their pizza. When asked the waiter was indifferent and denied there was a problem, "does it matter that you have them separately was the gist of it" He even refused to take the chips away to keep warm.

Then the mains arrived, they were all pizzas and all were dire. The dough was soggy, especially in the middle, the sauce on the base was just tinned tomatoes, no herbs, seasoning, puree etc.

Throughout the service was dreadful from all we engaged with, the food quality was dreadful and the attitude of our waiter was a disgrace.

Clearly they work on the basis that they are unlikely to see any customers again given the transient nature of the area, thus make sure the place looks nice, but there the attraction ends!!!

Avoid at all costs!!

• Visited June 2012

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Exceptionnally delicious food in such a tourist place.”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Being 3 tourists in such a restaurant so close to the tower I expected the worse. Instead we were treated with great courtesy. But what really made this meal memorable wad the quality of the food. The caprese was very tasty and fresh and the linguini with lobster and the spaghetti vongole were simply the best we've ever eaten. Also the 3 euro 25 cl of vino rosso della casa was very ok.
What a pleasant surprise.

London, United Kingdom
“Looking for a quick bite to eat? You could do worse.”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We were looking for a reasonably priced place to have a quick lunchtime bite to eat during late October. Our food was reasonable and priced accordingly. The service wasn't the quickest, but it was incredibly busy. I wouldn't recommend this place for a special treat but if you are looking for somewhere to have some sustenance whilst sightseeing, you could do worse.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Disastereous selection”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We picked this place as it was in a shaded area and we were hot with walking.
We were shown to a table by a waiter who then after leaving menus did not come back to take drink orders or assist even though we constantly tried to gain his attention.
The food was poor quality and my seafood pasta just had shells with no fish and a terrible sauce. i have eaten in a lot of tuscanny restaurants and this undoubtably the worst. very disapointed. they had the cheek to add a compulsory service charge.

London
“5 star rudeness”
Reviewed June 5, 2008

This is the only restaurant I have ever walked out of in my whole life.

I was shown to a table against a wall, and when I asked if I could sit by the window at a vacant table, which was not reserved, the waitress gave a huge sigh, roughly grabbed the knives and forks and slammed them down at the table I had requested. I then waited 15 minutes before she returned and took the order with an attitude of utter disdain and impatience. I changed my mind half way through the order and requested a starter/entree at which point she went beserk telling me I should have ordered it first and now she would have to change it all and making it crystal clear what a pain I was.

The restaurant was not full, the people who were there were clearly tourists. I was travelling on my own, I am not italian and look it, and up until that point the language used was english. She obviously felt I was just another dumb tourist who didn't know how to order and was wasting her time and because I was a woman on her own she could get away with behaving as she liked. So when I told her exactly how rude she was in italian she suddenly went quiet and took the order. No apology at all.

At this point I decided it was a waste of my time and money to spend it at a place which treated its customers like dirt, so I got up and walked out. I can't review the food because I didn't eat it.

She had obviously got away with being rude to other tourists before who did not have enough italian to answer her back and the management haven't done anything about her so they can't care much about their customers either. Pisa was full that night as it was a public holiday, all the hotels were fully booked and the other restaurants were buzzing. yet this restaurant , only 300m from the Tower, was 3/4 empty. Now I know why.

So if you want an argument with your meal, this is the place to get it.

1 Thank fioreinglese