I normally do not write reviews, but for this I have to because I think it is overrated.
1. close to the train station (5 mins walking); conveniently connected to the airport by a local bus (the stop is near the hotel)
2. the room is clean. cleaned every day.
3. free wifi internet very fast
4. the innkeeper speaks English.
5. AC in the room works well.
6. In a residential area, far from touristy place
1. if you are not good at finding, this place is hard to find because there is no sign outside the building except street address.
2. if you donot call upon your arrival in Pisa, nobody is waiting for you in the site. My US cellphone does not work in europe, I had to find a pay-phone. There is no phone in the airport, and all the phones on the street requires prepaid phone card. BIG TROUBLE! I had to borrow a cell phone from a stranger on the street and call the innkeeper to come and open the door for me.
3. The inn-keeper is not present all the time. Do not expect any help. I donn't feel he is as friendly as other reviewers commented. He was either neutral or rude.
4. Towel smelled bad from beginning. No towel exchange during my stay!
5. The bathroom was >10 steps away from the room. Very inconvenient.
6. Bathroom smells of mold.
7. Breakfast... sigh.. at least, I expected coffee in Italy tasts better than maxwell instant coffee!
8. Depending on the room, it suffers from street noise at night/early morning..
Overall, if all you expect is a clean room with a private toilet, this place is for you. If you ask for a bit of more amenities and convenience, look for some other hotels..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bed and Breakfast "il Giramondo" is located in the center of Pisa, on the ground floor of a building in a quiet area. At 10-minute walk from the historic center, the property is located just 1 km from the airport Galileo Galilei, 200 meters from the station and a 5-minute bus ride from the Leaning Tower. The apartment consists of a large living room with a terrace overlooking the gardens as well as four bright rooms, furnished with an elegant style and functional, with great attention to detail, each with bathroom, free Wi Fi FREE , TV, air conditioning and heating. The bathrooms have been renovated recently and offer hairdryer and toiletries. Guests have a free luggage room and the keys of the structure. The rich Italian breakfast , included in the price, it consists of homemade cakes and jams , pastries, cookies, biscuits, fruit juices, yogurt, coffee, tea, chocolate, cheese and cold cuts; It will be served in the dining room adjacent to the large terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Il Giramondo Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.