“Nowhere best to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #112 of 258 Pisa B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“Nowhere best to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Excellent location, hospitality, free wifi and cleaness. The right place where to stay for business reasons or tourism.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed at this B&B for 2 weeks in a bedroom with private bathroom. The owners welcomed me personally upon arrival, they were extremely helpful, friendly and generous, trying to communicate as best as we could providing that I don't speak italian.
The B&B is spotless. The bathroom was small but with all the comfort and very well kept. Breakfast in the morning was tasty and with a good variety (toast, cheese, ham, sweet cakes, coffee, juice, etc), served in the kitchen in a very familiar environment.
While it's true that this B&B is not in the city centre, it's only a 15 minutes walk to the leaning tower of Pisa. The train station is nearby but the area in itself is not a dodgy one at all. I came back to the B&B every night pass midnight and never had a problem or felt unsafe.
Another good point to note is that it provides a good Wi-Fi connection, free of charge.
I highly recommend this B&B if you are going to Pisa and wish to experience the italian culture and hospitality at its best.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Traaveleer
Manchester, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here for a night this month. Was surprised to receive an e-mail a few days beforehand telling me to ring the hotel half an hour before my arrival time, since it wasn't routinely staffed, but dropped them an email with the appropriate time anyway. Nobody present on arrival, so I called the number provided only to receive a Spanish voicemail message. Fortunately, the Tourist Information Centre in Pisa were able to help - I can't thank them enough for their assistance - and made contact with the management.

The lady who welcomed me was warm and friendly, but I was most struck by the two signs on arrival - one asking guests to pay immediately on arrival, and another asking for positive reviews on TripAdvisor! The first led me to wonder what sort of guests the hotel was expecting, especially as they had already taken card details at the time of reservation. The room itself was incredibly dated, and the 'private external' bathroom situated at the other side of the B&B entirely. You had to walk through the shower to reach the toilet, a novel arrangement to say the least. There was a strong smell of disinfectant; I wasn't sure whether to be concerned or relieved.

On my return to the hotel after an evening in Pisa, I was surprised to meet a couple in the same situation as I had been previously - they had to ask at a restaurant to make contact with the B&B's management. Apparently guests arriving late had been known to ring random properties in the building at midnight in an attempt to gain access to the rooms they had reserved.

This hotel could be great - it's well situated in the centre of Pisa and structurally sound. But as it is, I can't honestly give it more than one star - had I been 45 minutes later in Pisa, by which time the Tourist Information Centre would have closed, I would not have been able to check in. But based on the quality of the hotel, perhaps that would have been an advantage.

Room Tip: Avoid the 'private external' bathroom
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank acf90

Travelers are raving about these Pisa hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The main reason I stayed here was because they seemed the most amenable to late check-ins (replied to emails very quickly). In additional the location was close to both the train station and tourist areas and the price was great (40euro per night). I paid the extra 10euro to have someone pick me from the airport as I was a female traveling alone late at night. This went very smoothly despite the fact that I speak no Italian and he spoke no English! He was very friendly and pointed out the train station on the way, 'explained' about the keys, rooms, breakfast etc and gave me a bottle of water for my room.

I stayed in the Paris room, which I thought was quite big and and a huge bed all to myself! There's no phone, but I was happy to have free wifi. TV and AC was good too. There's only the one table in the breakfast room, so be prepared to interact with other guests! This was actually quite nice though as I was on my own. The food itself was fine... nothing too extravagant but lots of choice of breads, cakes, yogurts etc.

The only downside was having a shared bathroom, but I was well aware of this when I booked and thought it was a good trade-off for the piece of mind that I'd be able to get checked-in smoothly late at night. I just made sure to get up early to avoid anyone else. I think there is only hot shower in the mornings though, there wasn't any when I checked-in. Also I didn't realize that they don't have a card machine so had to pay by cash.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The Cairo room was amazing. Emy made our stay most enjoyable using good english. Close to railway station (300m) and 15 minute walk to leaning tower. Recommend to anybody. 60 - 65 euro per night for a couple is great value. Shower was great, good stream and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was plentiful including toast, a first for us in Italy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rod M
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I normally do not write reviews, but for this I have to because I think it is overrated.

Pros:
1. close to the train station (5 mins walking); conveniently connected to the airport by a local bus (the stop is near the hotel)
2. the room is clean. cleaned every day.
3. free wifi internet very fast
4. the innkeeper speaks English.
5. AC in the room works well.
6. In a residential area, far from touristy place

cons
1. if you are not good at finding, this place is hard to find because there is no sign outside the building except street address.
2. if you donot call upon your arrival in Pisa, nobody is waiting for you in the site. My US cellphone does not work in europe, I had to find a pay-phone. There is no phone in the airport, and all the phones on the street requires prepaid phone card. BIG TROUBLE! I had to borrow a cell phone from a stranger on the street and call the innkeeper to come and open the door for me.
3. The inn-keeper is not present all the time. Do not expect any help. I donn't feel he is as friendly as other reviewers commented. He was either neutral or rude.
4. Towel smelled bad from beginning. No towel exchange during my stay!
5. The bathroom was >10 steps away from the room. Very inconvenient.
6. Bathroom smells of mold.
7. Breakfast... sigh.. at least, I expected coffee in Italy tasts better than maxwell instant coffee!
8. Depending on the room, it suffers from street noise at night/early morning..

Overall, if all you expect is a clean room with a private toilet, this place is for you. If you ask for a bit of more amenities and convenience, look for some other hotels..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank newbabe
Northallerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed in June 2010, three adults in a triple room (Silvigie) with ensuite on ground floor of traditional Italian apartment block. Arrived from airport by bus (1 Euro, six stops) and short walk down street opposite bus stop. B&B is unattended so you need to phone prior to arrival. Met by Chris the owners assistant who was very helpful. Room with one double and one single bed was clean, air conditioned with comfortable beds and clean ensuite (although the shower hanger was broken which made showering difficult). Other negative was noise from the street which the room fronted on to. Certainly adequate for a two night stay and reasonably located a 5 - 10 minute walk from the station and Corso Italia, the main shopping street. Due to early departure we arranged for the owner to provide a ride to the airport which costs 10 Euros.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family