“Would not recommend”

Ranked #182 of 243 Pisa B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed here one night. We didn't realise that our room did not have an ensuite - we had a shared bathroom and there wasn't any hot water when I went in the shower, although they did attend to the problem quickly. The hotel faces a main road and was very noisy, even despite closing the windows (not convenient in the height of summer). Most of the comments on their guest book were positive, including some that raved about the breakfast. The breakfast however just consisted of juice, coffee and pre-packaged sweet items. I also had to remove the blanket on my bed as it was slightly stained and had what looked like animal hairs. I don't think this was value for money for 60 euros.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
West Linton, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at welcome b&b for one night. All 3 slept like logs. Place very near Pisa centre and the owner was so welcoming and helpful. We couldnt get the wifi to work but this may have been our computer. There were some sweetie wrappers in the draw but appart from this the place was spotless. Free parking was a bonus. Breakfast was simple but fine. We tried to book this b&b for our final two nights but it was sadly fully booked.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2010

First of all we get there and the two rooms I had booked were not ready as 'there was a toilet problem' the problem was they were renovating and there was no toilet in one room. We were asked to come back at 9pm, given a city map and directions to a good pizza place (which I must say was excellent). We arrived back to a room for 4 with a portable bed in it for my mother. The room was very clean and infact had a new bathroom. This was probably the worse night sleep of my life, the problem was not that it is on a main road but that the planes are taking off right over head. So it was not only loud but you felt the rumble go through your body. We paid 180 Euro (after I negotiated for the room error) for 2 nights so it was a cheap option but I would never ever stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank brisbanefish

Travelers are raving about these Pisa hotels

Sydney
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We have just had a 2 night stay at the Welcome Bed & Breakfast In Pisa and I'm happy to report everything was OK. After reading fireman101's report I was quite nervous about staying there as it sounded terrible, but to my surprise the place was quite good. It is on a busy road but there is enough insulation on the windows that you can hardly hear the noise. And to my surprise the windows have fly screens (a rarity in Italy). There are four rooms and two rooms share a bathroom each. Since I traveled with my family I took two rooms therefore we shared the bathroom amongst ourselves. We found wardrobes behind the door of our rooms with plenty of room to hang clothes. I looked outside the window and the bus stop is right there across the road. Yes the attractions are a good hike away but I only paid 60 Euros for each room. We actually had a car and we drove to the Leaning Tower, paid 2 Euros parking for 2 hours and had a good time. The place is actually within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Breakfast consisted of Cereal, cheeses, salami, mortadella, bread, coffee, tea and other various things. We found it quite filling. As for the front door I couldn't open it even with the key. There was a special knack to master which i couldn't but my sons were able to open it and let me in.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Cheshire
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We have just returned from a stay here and we are dissapointed .The B&B is situated on a very busy main road and the traffic noise is quite bad . The place is discribed as a farmhouse which we expected to be surrounded by land . There is a back garden which is overlooked by the block of flats behind it . The room was ok , no wardrobe to hang any clothes just a coat rack . I phoned ahead of our stay to confirm the bathroom was en-suite , the owners reply was yes but when we arrived the bathroom was shared . The owner states the bus from the station stops right outside but in fact it stops 400yrds up a busy main road with no further directions . The breakfast provided was poor , not even bread is offered, biscuits and coffee only .The walk to the centre and the attractions of pisa are a 40 minute journey , the first 20 mins along the busy main road .Although the place is clean and tidy the front door was left unlocked by other guests often all through the night .

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — location, sharing a bathroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple