“Good food, service & value”
Review of Trattoria Da Leo

Trattoria Da Leo
Ranked #85 of 618 Restaurants in Lucca
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Genuine trattoria recommended to us by a young woman working nearby who eats there. Very helpful young man serving who bent over backwards to fulfill our order when some items were not available. In fact we got some complimentary items as a result. I had fennel parmigiana & delicious spicy pork stew; my partner had tagliatelli followed by roast potatoes & veal, the house wine was very palatable. Hearty food & cheerful service in the warm sunshine, great at +/- euro 35 for 2.

1  Thank SueBe68
Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Tried this restaurant as it was recommended to us and we were pleased we did.The prices were very reasonable the food was very good and the waiters were all very friendly and efficient.We were also offered a complimentary liquer at the end after a lovely meal outside.

1  Thank susanrobinson190832
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Was walking around Lucca and needed lunch. Walked inside and sat down. If I am not mistaken it was cash only, which is typical in man places in Italy, so can be a bore for tourists, and for me as I only had 30€ in my pocket.

I ordered a t-bone, green salad (which was marvellously fresh), fries, 1/2 Red wine, water then a coffee. I had previously told them how much I had and they were very accommodating!

Lots of Italians in this restaurant, and I liked this, it felt like there was a local feeling rather than a tourist bistro!

Good food, good price, good vibe.

1  Thank Oliver D
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

It happened to be in lucca in a very rainy day and looking for something warm to eat, we entered this restaurant.
The food was ok ( I had a soup and A. Pasta with sugo that was ok, nothing special). Unfortunately we had to choose among few plates because being vegetarian most of the things were with meat and it was not possible to have the same dish without.
Considering that, the prices are a bit too high. Any kind of first course min 7,50 euros. Also just a pasta with tomato sauce.
I got a bit disappointed by it.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Unbooked - we arrived at lunchtime. The place was noisy and packed but they told us to wait 10 minutes and gave us a glass of wine while we did!
There seemed to be many people serving - popping in and out behind the bar filling wine carafes, making coffees - whatever..

Our lunch when it came was delicious and plentiful and we thoroughly enjoyed both our meal and the atmosphere of the trattoria.

1  Thank jamesmW3102FS