“Excellent Excursion in Lucca”

Not Ordinary Ways Tuscany Bike Tours
Ranked #11 of 20 Outdoor Activities in Lucca
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We had a wonderful time with Andrea on the bike tour! We rode through the beautiful Lucca countryside and stopped at this wonderful winery. The owner was so passionate about wine, taking us through each step of the process and even showing us the containers and barrels which house the wines. We tasted some of the most incredible wines and even bought a few bottles to take home.

After the winery, we had a short bike ride to an agriturismo (a farm that also doubles as a bed and breakfast) where the extremely friendly and gracious hosts set out a delicious and fresh (many of the items were grown right there on the farm) meal. This tour was truly a unique and incredible experience and I highly recommend to anyone visiting Lucca.

Just note, we took the easy bike and wine tour--it was about 27 kilometers (roughly 20 miles) riding tour, so make sure you and your party are in relatively good shape as you will definitely get a work out!

3  Thank marmar510

Reviewed September 30, 2010

We returned to Lucca again this year. While planning my trip I contacted Andrea of Not Ordinary Ways for a winery tour. Another wonderful experience. We were a group of 20 renting a villa. Andrea, Paolo and Mateo, picked us up in 3 vans and took us on a great tour. We visited Fattoria Fubbiano in San Gennaro, where me met the lovely Chiara again. This was my favorite winery I loved the olive oil and the wines and the scenery could not be beat. The second winery was Bonamico in Monte Carlo also very lovely, where we had a very nice tasting and cold lunch. I would recommend this tour company to anyone who visits Lucca. Andrea is the best.

3  Thank liebeg
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Take a Tour into the deep of the Apuanian Alpes: with a van you reach (after 600 meters of ride through a tunnell) the center of the mountain where a marble quarrel has been created and is still operating. Everything around you, the floor, the roof and the basement are made of the precious white marble of Carrara. The tour is in 2 languages: italian and english. The guides are very friendly. I did it 2 times. The second time the quarrel housed an exposition of sculptures

4  Thank italy31
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Wonderful! www.notordinaryway.com I first contacted Not Ordinary Ways about 6 months before my trip. Andrea was very quick responding to my emails and all the information they sent was very clear. There were no surprises about price, transportation or logistics.

Chiara was our tour guide, she was fabulous. 9 of us met at Not Ordinary Ways office in Lucca for a wonderful day. We went by mini coach (driver Ricardo, also fabulous) to 2 different wineries, the first Fabbrica San Martino, which is located at the Villa Sardi in the hills above Lucca. Beppe the owner, gave us a fine description of his wine making strategy (organic and macrodynamic), we then viewed the vineyards and had a tasting of his wines and some cheeses. From there we went to Fattoria Colle Verde for a wine and oil tasting and wonderful lunch. Our meal at Fattoria Colle Verde started with 3 different bruschettas, followed by pasta, meats and desert. I would recommend Not Ordinary Ways and this winery tour to all. The wines in this region are different from the wines in Southern Tuscany, but are still very pleasant. We chose this tour because it was close to Lucca with not a lot of car time.

2  Thank liebeg
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stopped in Lucca as part of a honeymoon that also took us to Venice, Florence, and Rome. While there, we came across Not Ordinary Ways Bike Tours in which we took a guided bike ride to a local winery. Chiara was very nice and helpful in helping us book our trip. We ended up on the tour with two other British couples who happened to book the same day and all of us ended up booking the easy tour. Our guide, Andrea, did a great job taking us through Lucca and the countryside. I happened to get a flat tire on the way back and he was prepared with a pump and spare tube(which was necessary, just needed air). We were able to avoid heavy traffic areas for the most-part with the exception of one bridge that was unavoidable. Water bottles were included with the bike rental and we were able to fill them before we left and again at the winery. The ride to and from the winery took approximately 1 hour. The staff at the winery was very helpful and educated us greatly on wine-making. We stayed at the winery for approximately 1 hour as well. The whole experience was wonderful and would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Lucca!

3  Thank Tycobb1023