We were happy with our selection of Lucca as a base for day trips around Tuscany and up to Cinque Terre. The owner/manager and staff at the Albergo Villa Marta were helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was perfect. The restaurant and bar were convenient. The grounds and scenery were beautiful. The price was great.
A few other notes on our stay:
- You will need a car. The hotel is a little outside of Lucca. No need to worry. Driving is fairly easy in Tuscany if you have a good GPS and you can manage to be an "offensive" driver. No need to be meek in Italy.
- We were there for about a week beginning in the middle of October. The weather and countryside was very similar to Northern California. Not too cold, Not too hot.
- Plan your day trips in advance. Many places have restricted hours on Sundays and Mondays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A former hunting lodge, transformed into a fine and elegant 4-star country resort, deep in the Luccan countryside in the heart of Tuscany but located only 5 kms from the historical centre and only 20kms from PISA AIRPORT. All the rooms (15 in total)are provided by FREE WIFI access and a/c control, tv, telephone and frigobar. Albergo Villa Marta is also provided by a pool with terrace and a small gazebo, free parking area, a bar, a 24/24h multi-lingual reception and a Restaurant opened from May to October monday to saturday form 19 to 21.30 Pm. Reservations are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albergo Villa Marta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Villa Marta Hotel Lucca
- Albergo Hotel Marta
- Albergo Hotel Lucca