We stayed at this hotel based on the recommendation from a travel agent, and were very happy with the accomodations, staff, and location. Here is a quick summary, mostly pro's with a couple minor cons.
Lots of pros:
- the price can't be beat!
- comfortable beds! we stayed in three different places, and while this was the least expensive, they were by far the best during the trip
- great staff - Gabriel and his older brother were helpful, prompty and friendly!
- great location - this location was really great, both close to the town and nestled next to a Sanctuary, so it was surprisingly quiet, too.
- bike rental - if you stay here, get their bikes. They are cheaper, not as obvious as other bike rentals, and in good shape. Plus, you can keep them all day for a flat fee.
- roomy bathroom with ample hot water and comfortable shower
- nice, small outdoor sitting area
- fast wireless service! we paid three times more for a place in a different area with much worse service
- free parking!
A couple very minor critiques
- breakfast had a lot of carbs - bread and cereal - and could use more protein. The espresso machine was loud, but it made good beverages, so the noise was somewhat worth it.
- I wish there was a mini-fridge to store picnic items or white wine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant Bed & Breakfast " Ai Cipressi" will offer you a pleasant and relaxing time that will give you a nice memory of staying in our town. We are located in a private courtyard far from the traffic noises ; 5 minutes far walking from the historical centre of Lucca, close to the railway station (1,3 km) , two minutes walk from St.Gemma's Galgani Sanctuary and a few km from the Versilia's beach and to the wonderful Garfagnana's Mountains. ROOMS Our rooms are well furnished with comfortable queen-size double beds : each one provided with a spacious private and internal bathroom (possibility of twin beds on request). A modern and elegant design is characteristic of our furnishing and it is intended for travellers fond of comfort and wellbeing. Every room has an independent entrance, private bathroom, independent air-conditioned/heating, hairdryer, satellite Tv, free parking and free Wi-Fi Internet connection We have a room with bathroom for disabled people(on demand). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Ai Cipressi Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ai Cipressi Hotel
- Ai Cipressi Lucca