“Fantastic, cozy spot in Lucca. A must-try!!”
Review of Da Ciacco

Da Ciacco
Ranked #14 of 616 Restaurants in Lucca
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Da Ciacco is a gem in Lucca! Tucked back in the square, the upstairs eating space is very cozy and inviting. My husband and I shared the tagliere (mixed meats and cheeses) and it was absolutely delicious! I've been sampling them up and down Italy and this might be my favorite one! The two young guys that run Da Ciacco are very friendly, speak great English, and are also super cute! We were there on a Saturday night and the place was packed. We were the only native English speakers in there, which was a nice change of pace. Even though there was quite a line for our table, our host never once hurried us, even as we lingered to chat. A really great place!!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

What a find! It's set back from the square and you cannot really see the entrance as he dies not have chairs outside but we decided that trying all the beautiful food was more important than seating outside.... Well no regret! the owner is a young guy who went for a year to London but came back to his native lucca!
He was adorable with the kids, giving them some bits of dry cured ham that he was cutting for another lady as we were waiting! We ordered a platter for two and a platter for one of everything.... It costs €30 and we had left over that we took in a brown bag!!! Amazing quality products and lovely room upstairs to sit down . Lovely Tuscan experience!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The guy build these soul sandwiches from elite products and with a lot of soul.
Great homey atmosphere, very friendly service, easy to find.
It's open also on the break time!!!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband & I went here in Feb after reading the reviews, and were not disappointed. We had the platter to share of meats and cheeses and it was fantastic. Just good honest simple food beautifully displayed, lovely wine, reasonably priced, could ask for nothing more.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife, twin daughters (11) and I were visiting Pisa and Lucca for the day. We decided to forego the touristy restaurants in Pisa and went to Lucca for lunch. We stumbled on Da Ciacco in Piazza Napolean. It looks like a little Panini bar, but has an upstairs table service. We ordered the "plate" for all of us. When it came up, it was a beautiful spread of Prosciutto, Parma Ham, Salami, other meats and another plate of cheeses. Sliced bread and crostini with nice toppings (the mushroom was my favorite) was also included. It was a huge platter! My wife also had a nice glass of red wine (I was driving so none for me) and my kids and I had sparkling water. The food was all excellent - great meats and cheeses, great bread (sounds funny, but great bread makes a big difference). When I saw the plate - and after too many €150-€200 meals in Rome and Florence - I thought the meal would be expensive. So I had two €50 bills, hoping it would not be more.

It was €36 - all in! No joke, we'd pay double that in the States for that quality. And it was my kids favorite meal (and we ate at a couple Michelin Star restaurants between London and Italy). The man working there was super nice, spoke English very well - and ran the whole place himself and did a great job.

You will not be disappointed going to Da Ciacco if you want simple, Top Quality meats, cheeses, drinks (and bread too). Plus a nice location and nice people.

1  Thank CFW3