“Beautiful B&B in beautiful city”
Review of La Boheme

La Boheme
Ranked #9 of 176 Lucca B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a top-notch B&B I my opinion. I stayed two nights in late April. My room was painted deep red and had beautiful furnishings. Exposed beams were fabulous. Laura and Sara were both extremely helpful and friendly. Sara even sent me to a great quirky art gallery run by a friend of hers. The location is great for sight-seeing and was quiet at night when I was there. Breakfast included some delicious tarts and pastries that I still miss to this day.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our two night stay here very much. Great walking town with great sights, shopping, dining. La Boheme was very clean, lovely rooms, secure, and a great location in the heart of the action in town. Lovely breakfast & host!! About a 10 minute walk from the train station, but manageable with good luggage. Flat, but a few cobblestone streets. Be sure to visit and climb the tree top tower for a great city view!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at La Boheme just one night. The room was nice, and comfortable. The hotel is an excellent location in the center of the old city, an easy walk to all the sites. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was extremely helpful in recommending sites and restaurants too. The hotel is on the upper floor of a very old building, with a nice ambience!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night – Friday May 27th. We arrived in Lucca via bus from Pisa – the buses stop just inside the city walls and we walked the rest of the way (approx 10 mins) to the Hotel.

I found this B&B in the Rick Steves guide book, and booked it directly via email after reading the positive reviews on TA about 6 months in advance. I had to provide a credit card to hold the room, but was not charged in advance. I offered to pay cash on arrival, and got a rate of €120 per night for a double room with private bath (Red Room).

We arrived late in the afternoon – we started the day in Siena, went to Pisa by train for sightseeing before catching the bus to Lucca. Check in was quick and easy – once we arrived at the door we had to buzz the hotel as it is on the second floor of an apartment style building. We were given our keys, maps, etc, upon arrival.

Our plan was to rent bikes to ride around the walls of the city, but we were told that the hotel has a pair of them for guest use – so we took those instead. I strongly recommend doing this.

The room was well appointed with everything you’d expect. It was very clean. The ceiling and the chandelier give the room a very romantic feel.

The location of this hotel is perfect – right in the center of the action. We were able to walk to our dinner no problem, and stroll them amphitheatre. There is lots of great shopping right at the doorstep.

Breakfast in the morning was good – if a little crowed. We were heading out to Cinque Terre the following morning on an early-ish train, as were some of the other people staying there. It’s just a 15 minute walk to the train station from the hotel. Checkout was no problem - as I had paid upon arrival, I just dropped the key and left.

Our stay was very short but enjoyable. I would recommend La Boheme to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MikeInThornhill
Reviewed January 17, 2012

La Boheme was a cozy B & B in the center of Lucca in the walled city. Our room was spacious and our bathroom was updated and spacious as well.

For breakfast, Sara the proprietor cooked whatever you requested from eggs to waffles etc.
There was also all the coffee and juice you wanted. All of this was incuded in the stay.

Most of all, Sara, her hThey offered us bikes at no charge for biking the city. All in all, it was great place to stay and I would go back to Lucca just to stay at La Boheme!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was at this cute B&B in August 2011 and really loved it. Located in a very convenient location, right by Via Fillungo - the central walking/shopping street of Lucca - and with a curated furniture, the B&B has all services including Internet, air conditioning, and a good breakfast included in the price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Both myself, my wife and another couple stayed in Hotel La Boheme in mid November 2011. Our friends found his place. It is a bit of a walk from the train station, but if you are not taking too much luggage it is manageable. It is located in the middle of the old city. We walked up a flight of stairs in this medieval city. I felt that we were stepping back into the past into some nobles house. We were greeted by a very pleasant young woman who presented us with a refreshing beverage, which I really needed after walking from the train station. After a quick check-in we deposited our luggage in q wonderful room with a velvet drapes a very comfortable bed, and a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The bathroom was of generous proportions with a very nice shower. The breakfast is very good, with plenty of coffee, breads, pastries, fruit, meat and cheese. Yum Yum. The staff is very hospitable and helpful.
The hotel is centrally located and close to a number of attractions. We asked for ad good place to eat dinner. We chose trattoria Leo. DO NOT miss this for dinner. It appeared to be a family favorite with big portions. Please stay at La Boheme.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends