We absolutely loved staying with Giulio and Gaia, and meeting their adorable, soccer-playing son. Their villa is from the 14th century, and has enormous ceilings and real character. You enter it off a quiet street. I always felt like a secret, insider local every time I put the key into the big lock! It is around the corner from a restaurant. The breakfast La Romea puts out is fabulous, the best we had on our whole Italian trip. They had chilled egg frittata, muffins, cheeses, milk, juice, yogurt, breads, and they would cook you whatever eggs you wanted. Gaia's mom cooks and serves, and she is delightful. Our family of 5 had two rooms. Off the main room used for sitting and breakfast, there are two hallways. We were down one small hallway (only 3 rooms total on this hallway) and had two of the large rooms. The smooth, old wood of the doors is a memory that lingers with me! It was a privilege to stay in such a historical place. Giulio works very hard and sometimes seems a little frazzled, but he is very warm and extremely helpful in whatever you need to do or find. We took a cab from the train station and I would recommend this, as it would have been hard to find, I think. Also don't miss the antiques market that lines the streets of Lucca on certain days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bed and Breakfast La Romea is a typical exemple of historic residence, located on the first floor of a late XIVth century palace in Via Sant'Andrea, a short walk fron the Guinigi Tower. Guests will be welcome in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere at the hart of the medieval town. The spacious living room gives room for your private meetings and a wonderful breakfast. We can organize Baby sitting as well as Dog sitting, please ask the reception. We can organize for transportation to and from the two major airports of Pisa and Firenze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bed & Breakfast La Romea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed & Breakfast La Romea Hotel Lucca
- Bed And Breakfast La Romea