“Wanda Martinelli - tourist guide”
Review of Lucca Tours

Lucca Tours
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Lucca
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucca is one of the most charming cities in Italy and a walking tour with certified professional tour guide Wanda Martinelli is a great way to see it. Wanda Martinelli is ready to show you the beautiful city behind imposing Renaissance walls. Choose from any of her six tour options.
Stratfrod upon Avon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wanda Martinelli - tourist guide”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I first met Wanda when she was our guide in Lucca and Bagni di Lucca when I was travelling with a top English tour company, Martin Randall. She has attractively fluent English and a wealth of knowledge that she displays modestly and accessibly. I so enjoyed my tour with her that I am returning to Lucca this year with a group of friends and she is doing a private tour for us. She has been immensely helpful to me in providing information so that we can plan ahead and have an easy day. I recommend her to induviduals with groups of friends as well as to tour companies seeking an intelligent, competent guide with an avery good manner

Visited October 2012
Wanda M, Owner at Lucca Tours, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi Coreen, I'm honoured to work with Martin Randall but your idea of taking your party of friends to Lucca and hiring me as your private guide is one of the greatest compliments I've ever been paid.
Thank you. I only hope to be up to expectations! See you in April, wanda

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wanda Martinelli's Lucca tours”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and i were shown Lucca through the eyes of a born and bred real Lucchese, Wanda Martinelli . She is so knowledable about all facets of Lucca- history, architecture,food etc.
Nothing was too much bother for her and she was extremely charming and thoughtful and a wealth of knowledge. We cant wait to go back and visit with her again.
Barbara and John Melbourne Australia

Visited May 2012
Wanda M, Owner at Lucca Tours, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dearest B & J,

I'm so glad we could share such a special experience. It's strange, but from the very beginning I was under the impression we had known each other for years...Come again, when you can.
Sydney, Australia
“Wands martinelli brought Lucca to life for us”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were 5 days in Lucca and very lucky to meet up with Wanda Martinelli. She is such good fun, and so passionate and knowledgable about her city, and its surroundings with all its architecture, art and music and history that we felt we could have stayed there far longer - she brings the past alive, and enriched our time there with recommendations of where to eat, what to see as well as suggesting off the track curiosities and wonders that we would never have found if we had not gone on her tours. We left Lucca feeling that we had made a friend for life. A truly wonderful experience for anyone!

Visited September 2012
Wanda M, Owner at Lucca Tours, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear A and N,
I was very lucky to meet YOU! I loved your sense of humour and how we laughed when N eventually managed to get the hang of our streets and found the Post Office single-handed. Those five days flew in a flash. Do come back again when you can. Lots of love, w
Austin, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“See Lucca with Wanda Martinelli -- The Best !!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been to Lucca several times before this trip but have never seen the city as we did with Wanda Martinelli as our guide. This is HER city and she was anxious to share its beauty and history with us. Her three hour walking tour was one of the best I've experienced. She was extremely knowledgeable, entertaining and professional. I highly recommend Wanda as a tour guide for anyone wanting to discover Lucca from a "insider's" perspective.

Visited November 2012
Wanda M, Owner at Lucca Tours, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi L and D
Thank you. I don't know if I'm the Best! But surely Lucca is in my genes. Your blog shows that I managed to successfully convey the "spirit" of my hometown, so the next time you visit you will be able to feel part of a living matter, rather than visitors in a charming place. Thank you also for putting so much effort and passion in learning our language. You are always welcome. w
Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“our best travel guide in italy”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently took a group to Lucca Italy and were fortunate to have Wanda Martinelli as our guide. She was very knowledgeable and a lot of fun. Everyone in our group agreed she was our
favourite guide in Tuscany. She was born and breed in Lucca and has a great love of the history and culture of this beautiful Tuscan Town. Look no further Wanda is a delight.

Visited September 2012
Wanda M, Owner at Lucca Tours, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hi Gaye, thank you for calling me a delight! We did have a good time together. Lots of laughs, in fact. You can rely on my help to organize your next group tour to Lucca. Don't forget to include the villas. All best to you and Greg, w