LIS Lucca Italian School - Day Class
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
excellent school, fab homestay, great experience

I had a wonderful time in Lucca. I stayed the whole month of November and attended LIS every... read more

Reviewed February 23, 2020
Gerard2322345322277
St. John's, Canada
Great Italian school

I’ve taken class at LIS for the past 5 years, 2-3 weeks at a time. The class in immersive and the... read more

Reviewed February 7, 2020
patrician490
Detroit, Michigan

Recommended experiences in and around Lucca
from $30.10
from $121.60
from $12.35
from $115.58
More Info
All reviews learn italian cultural activities two weeks afternoon activities montecatini terme language skills great place to learn fellow students individual lessons beautiful city learning fun different levels four hours eva study teaching culture
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2014

If you have a desire to learn Italian in a lovely school in a lovely town in Italy, the LIS is the place. Excellent teachers in a relaxed, fun atmosphere accompanied by interesting fellow students from around the globe. Highly recommended

Date of experience: February 2014
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Loved my two weeks at LIS. My instructors were great and I feel I made progress by learning some new things and also cementing some prior knowledge. The teachers and staff create a welcoming environment; I found my fellow students to be very supportive of everyone's efforts in class and I think this is due to the atmosphere that LIS creates. The morning session (and the 2 weeks) flew by. I enjoyed participating in the optional afternoon activities, which included informative walks around town and a delicious cooking lesson with dinner. I did a home stay the first week and was pleased with the arrangement, although I wish my Italian was further along to experience more meaningful conversation with my kind host. The second week, I rented an apartment and shopped for groceries in the many small shops in Lucca. I chose Lucca because I thought it would allow more opportunity to practice Italian than Rome or Florence would, and I found this to be true. (The shopkeepers were very patient.) If you are considering a language school, you can't go wrong with LIS.

2  Thank Caravaggisti_13
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I moved to Lucca this year & headed straight to LIS due to recommendation of my Italian neighbour who works in the tourism area in this town. What a great experience I've had! Going from knowing only very basic italian to having basic conversations!
All of the teachers are very patient & the techniques used are proved to be successful.

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank Jay_928
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I am a beginner + student and studied at Lucca Italian School for 3 weeks.The best thing I can say is that I felt comfortable there. The teachers were friendly, experienced and patient. I liked their style of teaching combining listening, reading and speaking. They had several levels of classes to suit everyone's needs and abilities. Several times a week they had optional excursions to nearby towns, villas or wineries. Lucca itself is a small, beautiful city… easily walkable…with many good restaurants, concerts and shopping too! I hope to return sooner rather than later!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We'd been studying Italian using the Fluenz computer course and spent a week in Lucca with 3 days of LIS's informal language classes. This consisted of 3 hours each day with our instructor Francesca (who is wonderful), first with some organized instruction in our rented apartment, then the rest of the time walking around the city talking.

It was both a lot of fun and extremely useful.

Highly recommended.