“Lucca Italian School offers a well rounded learning experience in & out of the class room”

LIS Lucca Italian School - Day Class
More attraction details
Owner description: LIS is a school of Italian language and culture located in the city center, in a very nice building with a large garden and a terrace in front of the city walls. We offer group courses and individual classes of Italian for students any age and level, and recreational activities (like excursions, cooking lessons, bike trips, seminaries on Italian cinema or music). Our mission is to provide our students, beside teaching them our language, with a practical and enjoyable experience of our way of life, aiming at a mutually enriching cultural exchange.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I highly recommend Lucca Italian School! I just returned from Lucca, where in collaboration with Lucca Italian School, I organized a group to study at the school for 10 days. The teachers are all personable, welcoming and FUN! The classes are interesting and informative and we had plenty of conversation practice. My group had the best time immersing in language and culture. The teachers at the school really understand that to learn Italian well, you also need to understand more about the Italian culture. Not only are classes taught by experienced professionals, the school also offer daily outings to learn more about Lucca and the surrounding area. In the opinion of this "studentessa matta" (crazy language student), Lucca Italian School offers a well rounded learning experience, in and out of the class room. I am so pleased with the experience I had at Lucca Italian School and I can't wait to do it again next year!

4  Thank StudentessaMatta
"bus or train"
"private lesson"
"wonderful teacher"

Reviewed June 15, 2014

If you have a desire to learn Italian in a lovely school in a lovely town in Italy, the LIS is the place. Excellent teachers in a relaxed, fun atmosphere accompanied by interesting fellow students from around the globe. Highly recommended

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Loved my two weeks at LIS. My instructors were great and I feel I made progress by learning some new things and also cementing some prior knowledge. The teachers and staff create a welcoming environment; I found my fellow students to be very supportive of everyone's efforts in class and I think this is due to the atmosphere that LIS creates. The morning session (and the 2 weeks) flew by. I enjoyed participating in the optional afternoon activities, which included informative walks around town and a delicious cooking lesson with dinner. I did a home stay the first week and was pleased with the arrangement, although I wish my Italian was further along to experience more meaningful conversation with my kind host. The second week, I rented an apartment and shopped for groceries in the many small shops in Lucca. I chose Lucca because I thought it would allow more opportunity to practice Italian than Rome or Florence would, and I found this to be true. (The shopkeepers were very patient.) If you are considering a language school, you can't go wrong with LIS.

2  Thank Caravaggisti_13
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I moved to Lucca this year & headed straight to LIS due to recommendation of my Italian neighbour who works in the tourism area in this town. What a great experience I've had! Going from knowing only very basic italian to having basic conversations!
All of the teachers are very patient & the techniques used are proved to be successful.

1  Thank Jay_928
See more reviews
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I am a beginner + student and studied at Lucca Italian School for 3 weeks.The best thing I can say is that I felt comfortable there. The teachers were friendly, experienced and patient. I liked their style of teaching combining listening, reading and speaking. They had several levels of classes to suit everyone's needs and abilities. Several times a week they had optional excursions to nearby towns, villas or wineries. Lucca itself is a small, beautiful city… easily walkable…with many good restaurants, concerts and shopping too! I hope to return sooner rather than later!