“Lovely Lunch”

Ranked #11 of 622 Restaurants in Lucca
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is a small bar with local beer and wine and freshly made paninis. We enjoyed a tasty sandwich served with a smile and nice conversation with our server. Luckily, we were able to grab a seat at one of the 3 tables for some lunchtime people watching.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,025)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was perfect, how can a wooden platter of meat and cheese can be so amazing? All freshly sliced and prepared in the tiniest of rooms just added to the wonder. It tasted as beautiful as it looked. We were taken in on the recommendation of an Italian working in Lucca and it was great to see it used by locals. Just because it's on the main tourist run don't think this means it's not authentic, real Italian food served by real Italians, just perfect. Round off the experience with a coffee next door.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

It was great! cheap, fresh, tasty! our waitress was lovely. We will come back certainly. I would recomended this place to everybody.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Firstly I'd like to thanks you all on Tripadvisor for sending me to Tana del Boia. Me and my boyfriend had one of the best panini ever, followed by a plate of mixed cured meats and different cheeces, drizzled with awesome chesnut honey. We knew the place was tiny, but it did not spoil it for us, in fact, it added to the atmosphere. The young couple serving you is fast and effectiove, the guy suggested a great fullbodied red wine, the local beer was excellent, freshly toasted foccacia amazing, the price very fair-it really is a great pit stop in Lucca.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Be forewarned - it's a small sandwich joint (panini), not a restaurant. However, if you go in knowing what you're getting - you can do no better. I love panini and so my wife was happy to accommodate me. The location is perfect - just off the main piazza, which usually sends me running because of typical tourist traps. La Tana del Boia is quite the opposite of a tourist trap. It was locals and other Italians coming and going the entire time we were there. We asked the owner for her sandwich recommendations and she made us two of the best panini we've had in Italy! It is definitely worth a visit. Enjoy.