We stayed for one night in 'Paolina'. The room was as described and as depicted on the website. Room spacious, very clean and if you like the painted walls very peaceful and relaxing. Bed was comfortable, room had TV, heating/aircon, mini bar and room safe. Bathroom was spotless, with great whirlpool bath and shower.
Hotel location was perfect. Close to the center of the town (bars/cafes/restaurants), walk-able to everywhere including the train station but also quiet. We had a great nights sleep.
Breakfast was very good, soft music to accompany fresh orange juice, great coffee in trendy cups, just about perfect.
All the staff we met were friendly and helpful.We arrived early and were allowed to check in immediately as the room was ready. We borrowed a large umbrella as it poured with rain. At night we were given a couple of recommendations for dinner and as it continued to rain and choose the osteria close by. It was a great choice and dinner was inexpensive but good. (turn left outside the hotel and walk about 30 yards to the end of the street its on the corner, you will not be disappointed).
Nothing to complain about at all. This would certainly be a hotel we would return to when we come back to lovely Lucca.I wish we could have stayed another night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I would like to add information for all the customers that book to our hotel,because cause the limit traffic zone there are a lot of mistake and trouble, so I would like to add in the form confirmation or straight away in the hotel's information, the right route for to reach us. Below there are description in english and Italian.1) YOU CAN REACH THE HOTEL BY CAR You are allowed to get inside the walls from Santa Maria gate ONLY. As soon as you pass through the gate turn right taking Via della cavallerizza St. keep going straight on and you'll get into San Frediano Piazza where the church is, you mustgo all around this church untill you'll find Via cesare Battisti St. on your letf side. Get into via Cesare Battisti St. take the secondstreet on your left side wich is Via degli angeli St. Our staff will help you out with your luggage. HOTEL STAFF WILL TAKE THE PLATENUMBER OF YOUR CAR, that has to be send it to the police department and then they will show you where to park. YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYSAT THE FRONT DESK DURING ALL YOUR STAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alla Corte Degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Hotel Lucca
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Lucca