Hotel Palazzo Alexander
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
    Excellent 5/5
    • Bar/Lounge
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewshis sonthe ownerwithin the wallscharming hotelold world charmbreakfast roomnight porterhighly recommend this hotelnarrow streetsold townbeautiful luccainside the city wallstrain stationdouble roomcold meatsquiet locationcroissants
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here after reading reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The hotel is ideally located. Staff are friendly, rooms very clean witha very good style!I would stay here again .
    Lucca is very nice... better than aHotel in Pisa close to the airport !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed January 9, 2013

Palazzo Alexander is in a great location in Lucca- close to the shops, church, restaurants ... It is a beautiful, quaint family owned hotel . The hotel staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. One of them actually helped us park our car in the parking lot! The breakfast was very good and included in our price. There also was WiFi service and a laptop available for customer use. The rooms were a decent size, but ask for the corner room. It's about twice the size for the same price. My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay in this charming hotel in beautiful Lucca.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very big and include a sitting area and a large bathroom.
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
    Reviewed January 4, 2013

The moral of this story is “Nice hotel but if you have a car, then DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL unless you want a nasty surprise on your credit card!”
    In June 2011 my wife and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights at 150Euro per night and we parked our Hire car in the hotels car park, which is within the “Zona Traffico Limitato” (ZTL). We paid the hotel’s additional 14.00 Euro per day fee to park there. The hotel recorded the car registration number to pass to local police to ensure that you are allowed to enter the ZTL without receiving any penalty fines.
    3 months after we returned home I received 5 separate letters from Hertz regarding 5 separate police penalty notices for driving into the ZTL. Hertz charged my credit card with 5 separate “admin fees” of Euro 36.00 each, for providing my address details to the local police. The fees related to each separate day we entered the ZTL to park in the hotel car park!
    I contacted the hotel and they admitted they had incorrectly recorded the car registration number. Because the correct registration number was not on the police’s list of vehicles allowed into the ZTL, the police had duly contacted Hertz to obtain my address details to enable them to issue 5 penalty notices to me.
    The hotel was apologetic and assured me they would sort this all out and I provided copies of various documents for the hotel to pass to the police. The police have taken no further action.
    But I am still out of pocket in the sum of £161.20 (Euro 180.00) due to hotel’s error. The T & C’s for Hertz are quite clear about an admin charge if they have to provide information to the police and I understand that. However this all came about because of the Hotel’s error.
    I have asked a number of times for them to sort this out and always get a polite reply, but no money. My patience has been exhausted after 18 months, therefore this poor review.
    So the moral of this story is “Nice hotel but if you have a car, then DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL unless you want a nasty surprise on your credit card!”

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
    6  Thank Robert M
    Reviewed December 26, 2012

After deciding last minute to stay a night in Lucca, we found Hotel Palazzo Alexander in Frommer's and thought we'd give it a try. The family run hotel was warm and welcoming. The father and son team were extremely helpful and made our single night stay memorable. The antique furnished rooms were lovely and comfortable. We loved Lucca and wished we had stayed longer in the city and at Hotel Palazzo Alexander. What a unique find!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
    Reviewed December 23, 2012

This family-owned small hotel is perfect for a trip to Lucca. We only stayed for one overnight, but appreciated the nicely appointed (and large room), in a hotel out of the bustle of the main streets of town, but close enough to walk. A good breakfast the following morning finished off a lovely stay. They also recommended an excellent trattoria nearby for dinner, which we appreciated, and gave us a 10% off coupon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple