What can I say about Lucca except I didn't want to leave. It is a beautiful walled city, easy walking, great restaurants and a wonderful place to soak up Italian life. The hotel is delightful and down an alley.. Unfortunately we didn't see much of the main hotel as we were assigned to their annex Albergo Diana. Our room was very large with an extra twin bed where we were able to spread out our suitcases which was a real bonus. Refrigerator and wifi were a great addition. There wasn't an elevator in the annex but they took our suitcases up to our room. I'm sure they would have helped us take them back down the 3 flights when we left but it was early and my husband dragged them down himself.
The location was great, a block around the corner to a beautiful square with lots of activities and restaurants. Very quiet and easy access to everything. Breakfat was good but served from 8:00am. Two of the days we missed it because we had to leave earlier than 8:00am. I would definitely stay here again but would see if there was something in the main hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the very heart of the town, inside the walls in the historical center of Lucca, San Martino & Diana Hotels are the ideal place to spend a holiday in complete relax. Retrieved from historic "house of pleasure" of the '50s, Hotel San Martino offers spacious, comfortable and well cared rooms, each characterized by the name of a "Lady" that used to visit the historic brothel, as Nuccia, Carlaccia or Wanda; each room offers a private bathroom with shower, air conditioning, digital TV, mini bar, safe, WIFI internet connection. A warm and cozy place to enjoy moments in the comfortable lounge and at the bar with a wide selection of drinks and snacks, for quiet evenings. Newspapers and a free internet terminal are available for the customer. Easily accessible from major access points to the town (train station at 500 mt, 600 mt bus terminal, exit Firenze-Mare 1500 meters), the hotel is centrally located and in a short distance from all the major points of historical interest, arts and culture, a few meters from Teatro del Giglio, from the Cathedral of San Martinol (Duomo) and Piazza Napoleone. The qualified and smiling staff will welcome you and help you in making your stay unforgettable. The staff is multilingual, is at your disposal from 7.00 am to 23.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albergo San Martino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo San Martino Lucca
- Albergo San Martino Hotel Lucca