$150
$140
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$143
$136
$154
$145
$202
$157
  • Breakfast included
Al Porto di Lucca B&B(Lucca)
$124
$119
Official Site
$126
$121
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$135
$130
$193
  • Breakfast included
Il Seminario Bed & Breakfast(Lucca)(Great Value!)
$100
$93
Official Site
$186
$180
Priceline
All reviewsvia fillungogreat locationwood beamsitalian citypuccini festivalbit datedrental carmain shoppingmiddle of townbreakfast buffetstar hotelstayed here for one nightold cityside streetpastrymain buildingwithin the walls
Reviewed May 25, 2015

I ended up in Lucca during a comic festival so I was just glad to have found an available room. The location IS great and the staff tried their best to accommodate a middle ground with me. On booking.com it was advertised (and booked at €41/night). I was later contacted as they made a mistake and it should've been €120/night, their middle ground was to offer €60. As I was pressed for time, I accepted.

The room however was not worth it. Advertised, free wifi accessible to all rooms (my room above garage did not have any). The room had no view either as it faced a ore building. I could forgive all of that except the plumbing was either old or faulty that the entire room smelled like a public bathroom. I slept with the door closed, bathroom ventilator on and windows open (despite the cold night). Because ther weren't any open rooms due to the comic festival, I could not be moved.

One of the waiters, very flirtatious. Went in for a kiss on my last day. Yikes!

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2015 via mobile

'Good' about sums up La Luna.I did not like having my room in an other building above the garage. As we were cycling the via Francigena we had our bikes in the garage but there was very little room. There was five cars in a space that looked like it was meant for two or three. The room was fine but across the courtyard from the reception.

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed November 23, 2014

Hotel La Luna is located conveniently near restaurants and shops but is free from the normal car-traffic associated with those amenities. It is not far from the train station and can be reached by taxi for about 7 Euros. This is probably a 2 to 3 star hotel but lacks nothing in the way of cleanliness, service or friendliness. The front desk staff appear to belong to a family and the kind of welcome that you get has the warmth of someone who will treat you like one of their own. They prepare the breakfast which is a continental breakfast ( included is gluten free provisions ) The rooms are upstairs and there is no lift. They are clean and have a tiled floor, no carpet. So the sounds of people walking on the stone street outside resonates as does the rain, but what memories ! The bathroom is an ensuite and there is an reverse cycle air conditioning unit that works efficiently.
A good tip if you are visiting in July is to attend the Luca Summer Festival. Stevie wonder was performing when we had our holiday and we were lucky enough to buy seats. The following night The Back Street Boys were performing. Nearby to the hotel is a beautiful piazza where the restaurants are plenty and the atmosphere is great. If you have a gluten free diet, then ask for Farro spaghetti. It's a locally produced grain that is very kind to gluten free dieters. I like this hotel and I will return and stay here some time in the future. I did enjoy the cycle hire that enabled my family to ride bicycles around the perimeter of the walled city, just like a big kid.

Room Tip: In the town of Luca this hotel is moderately priced and is probably a 2 to 3 star hotel but for location it is so convenient. The front office people are very helpful and they set-up a continental breakfast each morning that is fresh and sufficient to warrant including breakfast in your tarrif. There are air-conditioners in the rooms. Ours had an en suite bathroom and toilet. I remember that the guest accommodation is upstairs but nothing too strenuous to negotiate. Luca is not an expensive place in comparison to Rome, Florence or Naples. The fare by taxi to the railway is about 7 Euros. Your stay here will put you in the heart of Luca and the restaurants and shops that you will encounter will gladden your heart and your pocket-book. Tip. July is a great time to visit Luca because there is a summer festival with great headline acts. I saw Stevie Wonder in the piazza and the following night the Back Street boys were on ( if that's your cup of music ) and the staging was fabulous as was the weather. Hotel La Luna is adequately comfortable. I suppose the lasting memory is that there is no carpet in the bedroom only terazzo tiles but hey you're in Italy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed October 16, 2014

I love La Luna! I was so impressed with the staff for caring so much for us while my partner recovered from the flu. They made us feel so much at home and cared for and even called us a doctor, who made an in-person visit. The room was very comfortable and in a such a delightful and convenient location. All in all, getting "stuck" at La Luna and in the beautiful little town of Lucca wasn't such a bad thing!

Room Tip: My only real complaint was that the wifi wasn't very good on the 2nd floor. We had to be seated in the lobby to have good access. Also, we had planned to only stay for two nights but because of the illness we stayed for six nights. After two nights we moved to a larger and more comfortable room with frescoes on the ceiling-- for a mere 15 Euro increase! In retrospect I wished I'd asked for a better room upon our arrival. (They were both in the old part of the hotel)
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2014

This was a really nice hotel with nice amenities and friendly people. The hotel was on a small piazza with a restaurant right across the piazza. Lucca is a beautiful town and well worth the visit. We took the train to Lucca and had no problems and then walked to the Puccini opera for the evening and the Feast of Santa Croce on Saturday evening. Beautiful weather.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends