“Really Good Pizzeria”
Review of La Tana dell'Orco

La Tana dell'Orco
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Tana dell'Orco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 590 Restaurants in Lucca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Really Good Pizzeria”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited here in October. It is a great spot for a pizza, I had a Quatro Stagione and my wife had a vegetarian. Great value at €20 including water and a tip. We were so impressed we went back a second time. On this occasion I opted for the specialty - I think it was Di Marco. The food was excellent and it is frequented by local people - always a good indication.
Friendly service at great prices. We were there early on the second occasion, midweek, and it was a little quiet.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice little place”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The food wasn't spectacular but it was more affordable. The environment was fun with art everywhere. It is a good place to relax with some friends.

1 Thank Sarah M
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great little pizza joint”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a great little find in Lucca, had seen some reviews and were really glad to stumble on it when arriving late off a train into Lucca. We took a ham & mushroom pizza with us and a "big" salad. The salad was amazing with tuna, olives, avacado, tomatoes, apple, cheese, more things than I can even remember! While the pizza cooked we had a nice glass of wine and admired the sandwiches being served to another table! HIghly Recommended!!

1 Thank Rachel D
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious and Filling”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a cute little restaurant near the walls of Lucca. The owner truly cares about the quality of the food being served and the cook takes the time to prepare things. I have an allergy to shellfish and the waitress kindly provided me with some good advice on what to eat, and ensured that my meal was prepared taking care of cross contamination... she even checked a few times to make sure that everything was okay. I had a big salad, bread and a pizza. The salad was a real surprise, with scrumptious veggies including corn (not something we normally have in North America, but very yummy) and bread infused with the flavours of herbs. The pizza was good too (thin crust) but after the giant salad I was stuffed. The meal did take a little bit of time to arrive. The decor is basic and includes some interesting sketches that I believe patrons have done on their place mats. All in all, I had a very good time here, enjoying the attention that was given to me by the staff and the food.

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Cool! Different! Delicious!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have only eaten pizza here, although the sandwiches and pommes frites look delicious. We found the pizzas the best in Lucca...freshly made, and a large variety of choices. As the owner warns, this is NOT a fast food restaurant. If you are in a hurry, best to go elsewhere. We are never in a hurry, and waiting for homemade, delicious pizzas is no problem. The music is fun (Janis Joplin, for example) and the other guests are interesting.

• Visited September 2013